(San Francisco, CA, April 10, 2007) Red Giant Software, developer of professional digital video tools, today announced new products that the company will unveil at NAB in Las Vegas from April 16-19, 2007.|
The product line up includes a new line of Magic Bullet™ products, a new Trapcode product codenamed Flux, Instant HD Pro, Primatte Keyer Pro 4, and updates to the popular Trapcode motion graphic plug-ins.
Stu Maschwitz, creator of Magic Bullet and Sin City Visual Effects Supervisor, will unveil the all new Magic Bullet 3 during two demos at NAB in Las Vegas, NV. To watch Maschwitz’s presentation of Magic Bullet 3, visit Red Giant Software in the South Hall SL3827G and SL3827H on Tuesday, April 17 at 10 am or Wednesday, April 18 at 2 pm. Following Tuesday’s presentation, Peder Norrby of Trapcode will preview Trapcode Flux.
Magic Bullet 3
The Magic Bullet line now includes three individual products: Magic Bullet Looks™, Magic Bullet Frames™, and Magic Bullet Colorista.™ Magic Bullet Suite is a collection of these tools and also includes Instant HD.
• Magic Bullet Looks lets users define the style of their video or film with powerful imaging tools in After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Premiere Pro, and Avid. The new user interface makes it much easier to create Looks and has 32 tools for doing everything from simple exposure adjustment to radical color changes.
Magic Bullet Looks is also a stand-alone design application—giving users the finishing power and on-set creation in one package. Users can take Magic Bullet Looks on set to create looks or presets during production. The presets are portable and load into any of the hosts so the same Looks can be finished in an editorial suite. It’s no longer necessary to have a pricey finishing system. Magic Bullet Looks provides hundreds of options with one click.
• Magic Bullet Frames offers fast and high-quality conversion of 60i materials to 24p or just de-interlacing of video in After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Avid, Premiere Pro, and Avid.
• Magic Bullet Colorista is the same exciting color correction tool that Red Giant launched in 2006. New support will be available for After Effects CS3 Professional, Premiere Pro CS3, and the new Final Cut Studio. Also there will be updates for Mac Intel across the board.
Trapcode Flux™ is the groundbreaking new concept for a particle system. With Flux, users can produce beautiful fluid, flowing organic shapes, and other mesmerizing geometric moving 3D patterns. Flux will include numerous customizable presets and plenty of parameters for advanced users who want to create their own unique looks to stun their clients. Flux is scheduled for release this summer and pricing will be announced at that time.
Red Giant is also offering the popular Trapcode plug-ins for visual effects and motion graphics in the major editing applications. In May 2007, Trapcode Shine, Starglow, and 3D Stroke will be available for Final Cut Pro, Motion, Avid, and Premiere Pro. Trapcode Shine, Starglow, and 3D Stroke will also be updated to include 32-bit float support for all hosts.
Instant HD Pro
Instant HD Pro delivers the highest possible quality conversion and includes an advanced tool set that offers de-interlacing, de-noising, sharpening, re-graining, advanced pan and scan, and the industry's first super-resolution algorithm for editors. In addition, the original Instant HD now features handling of interlaced and progressive sources for greater flexibility.
Primatte Keyer Pro 4
Primatte Keyer Pro 4 brings new levels of power and speed across After Effects, Avid, and for the first time Premiere Pro. New features include easy-to-use Auto setup which makes creating an almost perfect key with one click. De-artificating, the entire Primatte library, and the Key Correct Light Warp feature in Primatte Keyer 4 will all be accelerated for the GPU for up to 10 times faster results. This combination makes bluescreen keying easy and fast and best of all it works right on the timeline.
Pricing and Availability
• Magic Bullet Looks will be available this summer for $399 USD. Upgrades from Magic Bullet Editors will be available for $99 USD.
• Magic Bullet Frames will be available this summer for $199 USD.
• Magic Bullet Colorista is currently available for $199 USD. A Mac Intel update for new application hosts will be available this summer. This will be a free upgrade for existing customers.
• Magic Bullet Suite will be available this summer for $799 USD. Upgrades from any prior version of Magic Bullet Suite will be $199 USD.
• New versions of Trapcode Shine, Starglow, and 3D Stroke will be sold separately in May 2007 for $99 USD each. Users will be able to upgrade to the new versions of Shine, Starglow, and 3D Stroke that works in any host plus After Effects.
• Instant HD Pro will be available this summer for $399 USD.
• Primatte Keyer Pro 4 will be available this summer for $499 USD. Upgrades will be available from any previous version for $199.
About Red Giant Software
Red Giant Software LLC ( http://www.redgiantsoftware.com ) is a San Francisco-based company that develops professional tools for digital video production. Products are available as plug-ins for popular video editing and effects applications including After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Premiere Pro, and Avid. All tools are based on production-proven technology developed by visual effects veterans.