(Sunnyvale, California--April 5, 2010) At NAB 2010 booth #SU7213 in Las Vegas from April 12-15, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase its comprehensive and market-leading portfolio of solutions for broadcast and on-demand video delivery. Latest generation technologies on display will include an impressive 3D demonstration, a new control and management system for Harmonic’s contribution and distribution solution, and a live ATSC Mobile DTV (ATSC M/H) broadcast service demonstration.|
In addition, the company will introduce the Rhozet™ Workflow System (WFS) for universal media transcoding, and feature Harmonic’s MediaPrism™ solution for converged “TV Anywhere” services.
“Harmonic offers the industry’s broadest set of solutions for live and on-demand video delivery to any device,” said Yaniv Ben-Shushan, Product Marketing Manager at Harmonic Inc. “At NAB this year, we are showcasing advanced, industry-leading technologies including ATSC M/H transcoding for mobile broadcast services and the latest frame-compatible 3D compression solution. By further expanding our solution set for stream processing, transcoding, contribution and distribution, we are able to offer service providers unique and integrated solutions that further enhance scalability, improve performance and ease management of their video services.”
Featured demonstrations at Harmonic’s NAB booth #SU7213 will include:
- Live, on-air ATSC M/H services, as well as cutting-edge contribution and distribution solutions, including low-latency HD fixed and mobile contribution with the Ellipse™ encoders
- High quality 3D compression powered by the market-leading Electra® 8000 encoder
- Latest-generation video and stream processing solutions, including the ProStream™ 1000 with ACE™ any-to-any transcoding, the Electra 8000’s multi-channel, multi-format HD/SD encoding with integrated statistical multiplexing and Jünger Level Magic automatic audio level adjustment, and IRIS™ QoS software
- The industry’s most comprehensive multi-screen solution, the MediaPrism Convergence Suite of tools for real-time and offline content ingest, transformation, distribution and delivery to the TV, PC and mobile devices
- Two powerful offerings in the Rhozet line of universal transcoding software—Rhozet Workflow System (WFS), a new distributed system for automated management of the video asset transformation process, and Rhozet Quality Control System (QCS), which brings automated compliance and quality testing into the transcoding workflow
In addition to the demonstrations at NAB 2010, industry experts from Harmonic have been selected to speak at various technical conferences:
- At the PBS Technology Conference taking place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Joel Wilhite, Solutions Marketing Manager, will speak at the tutorial session called “Video Quality Monitoring” on April 7 at 1:00 pm.
- Also at the PBS Technology Conference, Ian Trow, Director, Broadcast Solutions, will participate as a speaker in the “3DTV and Video Standards” session on April 8 at 1:00 pm.
- Patrick Waddell, Project Manager, Broadcast Technology, will speak at the DTV Audio Group Loudness Management Seminar taking place at the Alexis Park Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas on April 11 at 1:00 pm.
- At NAB’s Broadcast Engineering Conference (BEC), Patrick Waddell will also participate in a panel called “Audio Video Synchronization" on Monday, April 12, at 3:45 pm.
- David Price, Vice President of Business Development & Marketing Communications, will be a keynote speaker, as well as co-moderate two panels at the BEC’s MPEG Industry Forum Master Class titled “3-D and Beyond: New Content Delivered and Displayed in New Ways” and “Being Quantitative about Quality,” on Wednesday, April 14 beginning at 9:00 am.
- On April 14, David Price will also participate in a BEC session organized by the World Teleport Association titled “The Battle for the Next Billion Media Consumers” at 11:30 am.
About Harmonic Inc.
Harmonic Inc. is redefining video delivery with the industry’s most powerful solutions for delivering live and on-demand video to TVs, PCs and mobile devices. Harmonic’s technical innovation and market leadership enable the company to offer a unique and comprehensive solution portfolio—including encoding, transcoding, content preparation, stream processing, asset management, edge processing, and delivery. Broadcast, cable, Internet, mobile, satellite and telecom service providers around the world choose Harmonic’s IP-based digital video, software, and broadband edge and access solutions. Using these award-winning and industry-leading solutions, operators can reduce costs and differentiate their services by offering consumers a higher quality, personalized multi-screen experience.
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with R&D, sales and system integration centers worldwide. The company’s customers, including many of the world’s largest communications providers, deliver services in virtually every country. Visit http://www.harmonicinc.com for more information.