(Marlborough, Massachusetts--May 11, 2010) Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced that Boris Continuum Complete 7 AE (BCC 7 AE) is now available. BCC 7 AE brings over 200 filters to Macintosh and Windows versions of Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CS5, CS4, and CS3. The new release features 11 new filters including a 3-way color grade filter with built-in keying and masking tools, a video noise reduction tool, a spline-based warp filter, an audio-driven keyframe generator, a new OpenGL particle engine, and still and video morph technology. Each Boris Continuum Complete filter has been re-engineered for 64-bit operating systems and OpenGL acceleration.|
“Adobe After Effects offers advanced 3D cameras, lights, and masks. Why would anyone want to use plug-ins that do not take advantage of these built-in tools? Boris Continuum Complete 7 AE goes the extra mile to integrate new BCC filters with After Effects’ native 3D compositing environment,” commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX., “Boris Continuum Complete 7 AE is built to ease 3D workflow within Adobe After Effects”.
Boris Continuum Complete 7 AE New Feature Highlights
- Adobe CS5 Support. BCC 7 AE supports CS5, CS4, and CS3 under 64-bit and 32-bit Macintosh and Windows operating systems.
- Adobe After Effects Integration. AE's native cameras and lights can be used to create dramatic scene lighting and wonderful fly-through animations, especially when used with new BCC 7 AE particle effects such as BCC Pin Art 3D or BCC Particle Array 3D. In addition, the new BCC Warp, BCC Morph, and BCC Video Morph filters utilize AE spline masks and the power of OpenGL to deliver real-time image warping and morphing.
- Additional On-Screen Widgets. Many BCC AE filters now include on-screen widgets. For example, the new BCC 3 Way Color Grade filter includes on-screen controls for its innovative egg-shape masking system. Users can click and drag the widgets to set the mask size, position, egg shape, and edge feathering. This results in faster and more precise mask creation.
- Compare Mode. Added to over one-third of BCC 7 AE's filters, Compare Mode is a convenient tool that enables users to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source via either a side-by-side view or a live split-screen view. In the side-by-side view, users can view the unfiltered and filtered image result in the composite window as changes are made to the image. In the split-screen view, users can drag the wipe bar anywhere across the image to compare the filtered result with the unfiltered source at any zoom level. Additionally, the Compare Mode feature includes the unique ability to view the filtered result with a live filtered layer in the timeline.
- Performance Gains. All BCC 7 AE filters take advantage of either multi-processing or OpenGL hardware acceleration under 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems.
- 11 New Filters:
- BCC 3 Way Color Grade provides a professional color grading process complete with three custom color wheels for pedestal/gamma/gain adjustment. The filter includes built-in masking and keying tools to isolate areas of secondary color correction. Separate color grading can be applied to the inside and outside of a mask, eliminating an extra compositing step.
- BCC Noise Reduction smoothes out video noise using spatial and temporal information derived from the video clip - especially in dark areas of an image.
- BCC Lens Blur emulates a popular lens blur or rack defocus effect where out-of-focus highlights of an image clip take on the shape of the lens shutter. The filter includes a gradient map layer to control the depth of focus.
- BCC Lens Shape is a designer effect similar to a rack defocus effect where the shape of the bokeh can be imported from an external layer.
- BCC Lens Transition is a film-style fade transition that applies a lens blur or rack defocus effect to the specular highlights of outgoing and incoming image clips.
- BCC Beat Reactor automatically generates keyframes based on timeline audio. In addition to being available as a standalone After Effects keyframe generator, the Beat Reactor group is built into many existing BCC filters for easy access.
- BCC Particle Array 3D creates a grid of particles oriented in 3D space. The filter fully supports After Effects’ camera and lights.
- BCC Pin Art 3D creates a pin board look based on a layer image.
- BCC Warp is a spline-based warp tool that can be used to generate a wide range of distortion effects. Native After Effects masks are used to control the warps.
- BCC Morph is a still image-morphing tool designed to produce a smooth morph effect from one image to another similar image. The warps are guided by native After Effects masks.
- BCC Video Morph is a video-morphing tool designed to produce a smooth morph effect from one video clip to another similar video clip.
Pricing and Availability
Boris Continuum Complete 7 AE is available immediately through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct through the Boris FX web site at http://www.borisfx.com for an MSRP of $995 USD. Owners of previous versions of Boris Continuum Complete AE may upgrade for an MSRP of $295 USD. Customers who purchased Boris Continuum Complete 6 AE as of April 12, 2010 are eligible to receive a free upgrade to Boris Continuum Complete 7 AE.
Boris Continuum Complete 7 FxPlug for Apple Final Cut Studio and Apple Final Cut Express and Boris Continuum Complete 7 AVX for Avid editing and finishing systems are scheduled for release later in 2010. Customers who purchase Boris Continuum Complete 6 FxPlug or Boris Continuum Complete 6 AVX as of April 12, 2010 will receive a free upgrade to Version 7.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia. Boris products have grown to serve millions of artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, and Sony.