News: Art Directors Club names ADC 95th Annual Awards Advertising and Digital juries
29 creative jury members, split equally between men and women, from 15 countries
to judge the best in global Advertising and Digital work based on excellence in idea and craft.Last Updated: January 1, 2016 6:01 am GMT
(January 8, 2016) The Art Directors Club, one of the first non-profit organizations in the world to champion commercial creativity and the artists who create it, today announced the complete Advertising and Digital juries for the prestigious ADC 95th Annual Awards, which is open for entries at http://adcglobal.org/awards/adc-annual-awards/.
This also marks the third-consecutive year that ADC Annual Awards juries feature an equal number of men and women, in accordance to ADC’s Let’s Make The Industry 50/50 Initiative (http://5050initiative.org).
This year’s Advertising jury, which includes Innovation, is chaired by Mark Tutssel, Global Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett Worldwide. Deadline for Advertising entries is February 8, 2016, the full Advertising jury is as follows:
• Mark Tutssel (chair), Global Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett Worldwide (USA)
• Jessica Apellaniz, Group Creative Director, Publicis (Mexico)
• Lu Chekowsky, Senior Vice President, Brand Creative, Comedy Central (USA)
• Nick Davidge, Executive Creative Director, Co-founder, GreenLight (USA)
• Ioana Filip, Executive Creative Director, MRM Bucharest (Romania)
• Andre Kassu, Partner/Chief Creative Officer, CP+B (Brazil)
• Shirin Johari, Founder and Creative Head, Clap Global (India)
• Hanyi Lee, Chief Creative Officer, The Secret Little Agency (Singapore)
• Dan Lucey, Executive Creative Director, BBDO New York (USA)
• Nkanyezi (Star) Masango, Creative Director, Y&R Cape Town (South Africa)
• Erik Norin, Creative Director, Wieden+Kennedy (USA)
• Malcolm Poynton, Global Chief Creative Officer, Cheil Worldwide (UK)
• Leigh Reyes, President, Chief Creative Officer, Lowe (Philippines)
• Aaron Starkman, Partner, Creative Director, Rethink (Canada)
• Anne-Cécile Tauleigne, Executive Creative Director, JWT Paris (France)
• Sarah Watson, Chief Strategy Officer, BBH New York (USA)
"ADC is the preeminent award show that discovers and celebrates rare talent who've changed the world with their artistry and craftsmanship, and winning an ADC Black Cube is the pinnacle of one's career,” said Tutssel. “Presiding over the esteemed ADC jury is a privileged experience; these are the best minds in the industry deciding the fate of work that deserves the rarest of honours.”
The ADC 95th Annual Awards Digital jury is chaired by Cheyney Robinson, chief creative officer, Europe, IBM Interactive Experience. Deadline for Digital entries is January 22, 2016, the full Digital jury is as follows:
• Cheyney Robinson (chair), Chief Creative Officer, Europe, IBM Interactive Experience (UK)
• Steve Baer, Managing Partner, Code and Theory (USA)
• Tara DeVeaux, President, MING (USA)
• Stefanie DiGianvincenzo, Creative Director, AKQA (Australia)
• Tim Ho, Partner & Creative Director, Constant (China)
• Nathan Lavertue, Digital Design Director, National Hockey League (USA)
• Preethi Mariappan, Executive Creative Director, Razorfish Germany (Germany)
• Renda Morton, Product Design Director, Web Platform, The New York Times (USA)
• Melatan Riden, Design Director, TBWAChiatDay (USA)
• Lars Samuelsen, Digital Strategic Director, Uncle Grey (Denmark)
• Yasuharu Sasaki, Executive Creative Director, Head of Digital Creative, Dentsu (Japan)
• Jouke Vuurmans, Partner, Executive Creative Director, MediaMonks (USA)
• Maciek Waligora, Executive Creative Director, DDB&tribal Warsaw (Poland)
“There are awards, and then there are awards,” said Robinson. “ADC stands apart because it recognizes work that exemplifies the sublime, those magical and unparalleled intersections of idea and craft. It is a huge honour, responsibility and delight for me to serve as chair of the Digital jury, recognizing the very best work of 2015.”
All entries in the ADC 95th Annual Awards must have been printed, published, aired or broadcast live online for the first time between February 7, 2015 and February 8, 2016, in any country. Deadlines are as follows:
• Deadline for Design (including Illustration and Photography) is January 15, 2016.
• Deadline for Motion (including Motion Graphics, Animation and Production) is January 15, 2016.
• Deadline for Digital is January 22, 2016.
• Deadline for Student categories is January 29, 2016 (no extension).
• Deadline for Advertising (including Innovation) is February 8, 2016.
The ADC 95th Annual Awards celebrate the rare work in Advertising, Design, Illustration, Innovation, Photography, Digital, Motion, Animation and Production that exhibits excellence in both idea and craft. The juries continue the program’s tradition of broad international participation with top creatives from dozens of countries included.
For more information about the ADC 95th Annual Awards, please visit http://adcglobal.org/awards/adc-annual-awards/.
# # #
About Art Directors Club
ADC (http://adcglobal.org) is the first non-profit membership organization to celebrate and award the global creative community, boasting one of the most concentrated groups of creative talent in the world since 1920. ADC’s mission is to connect creative professionals across gender, race and industry, and provide the educational resources they need to inspire successful careers built on world-changing ideas. From its Manhattan Gallery headquarters to its international membership base, ADC provides a neutral forum for creatives of all levels to network, learn and grow. Join the first international creative collective of its kind.