News: Register now for FilmLight's Colour On Stage at IBC2019
Free programme expanded to two days to provide greater opportunities to see industry leaders in finishing demonstrate their craftLast Updated: August 8, 2019 3:08 pm GMT
(Amsterdam, The Netherlands--August 22, 2019) FilmLight
presents Colour On Stage at IBC2019. At this year’s IBC, FilmLight (stand #7.A45) is hosting the free two-day seminar series, Colour On Stage, on 14-15 September 2019. The event provides an opportunity for visitors to participate in live presentations and discussions with colourists and other creative professionals at the peak of their craft.
To register, visit: www.colouronstage.com
From shining a light on the FilmLight BLG ecosystem in VFX, to the role of the colourist today, to understanding colour management and next generation grading tools – this event helps guide attendees through the opportunities and challenges of modern colour finishing and delivery.
“Colour on Stage offers a good platform to hear about real-world interaction between colourists, directors and cinematographers,” said Alex Gascoigne, Colourist at Technicolor and one of this year’s presenters. “Particularly when it comes to large studio productions, a project can take place over several months and involve a large creative team and complex collaborative workflows – this is a chance to find out about the challenges involved with big shows and demystify some of the more mysterious areas in the post process.”
Originally staged as a one-day event at both IBC2018 and NAB2019, Colour On Stage has been expanded both due to its popularity and in order to provide sessions with artists throughout the production and post colour pipeline. This year’s IBC programme includes colourists from broadcast, film and commercials, as well as DITs, editors, VFX artists and post-production supervisors.
To date, programme highlights include:
- Creating the unique look for ’Mindhunter’ Season 2. Join colourist Eric Weidt as he talks about his collaboration with director David Fincher – from defining the workflow to creating the look and feel of ‘Mindhunter’. Eric will break down scenes and run through colour-grading details of the masterful crime thriller.
- Real-time collaboration on the world’s longest-running continuing drama, ITV Studios’ ‘Coronation Street’
- Improving production processes and enhancing pictures with efficient renderless workflows, with Colourist Stephen Edwards, Finishing Editor Tom Chittenden and Head of Post Production David Williams.
- Looking to the future: Creating colour for the TV series ‘Black Mirror’. Colourist Alex Gascoigne of Technicolor explains the process behind grading ‘Black Mirror’, including the interactive episode Bandersnatch and the latest Season 5.
- Bollywood: A World of Colour. Delve into the Indian film industry with CV Rao, Technical General Manager at Annapurna Studios in Hyderabad. In this talk, CV will discuss grading and colour as exemplified by the hit film, ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’.
- Joining forces: Strengthening VFX and finishing with the BLG workflow. Mathieu Leclercq, Head of Post-Production at Mikros Image in Paris, is joined by Colourist Sebastian Mingam and VFX Supervisor Franck Lambertz to showcase their collaboration on recent projects.
- Maintaining the DOP’s creative looks from set to post. Meet with French Digital Imaging Technician Karine Feuillard ADIT, who worked on the latest Luc Besson film ‘Anna’ as well as the TV series ‘The Marvelous Mrs Maisel’, and FilmLight Workflow Specialist Matthieu Straub.
- New colour management and creative tools to make multi-delivery easier. Explore the latest and upcoming Baselight developments, including a host of features aimed to simplify delivery for emerging technologies such as HDR. With FilmLight’s Martin Tlaskal, Daniele Siragusano and Andy Minuth.
Colour On Stage will take place in room D201 on the second floor of the Elicium Centre (entrance D), close to Hall 13. The event is free to attend but spaces are limited; advance registration is required to secure a place. Registration details can be found at www.colouronstage.com
Visitors to IBC2019 (Amsterdam, 13–17 September) can also experience FilmLight’s complete colour pipeline – including Baselight ONE and TWO, Baselight Editions for Avid, NUKE and Flame, Daylight and the new Blackboard Classic control panel – on stand 7.A45.