(Walnut Creek, California--July 9, 2013) XenData, the leading provider of LTO archive solutions to the media and entertainment industry, today announces the release of the SXL range of LTO archive systems. These are based on XenData’s SX-10 archive appliance and LTO-6 drives or robotic LTO-6 libraries. They connect to a 1 GigE network and make writing to and restoring from LTO as easy as writing to network attached disk storage.
There are five SXL models that provide up to 57.5 TB of near-line LTO and all manage an unlimited number of externalized LTO cartridges:
- The SXL-1 includes a XenData SX-10 appliance and one IBM external LTO-6 drive and is priced at $10,950.
- The SXL-2 includes a XenData SX-10 appliance and two IBM external LTO-6 drives. It supports automatic simultaneous duplication of LTO cartridges and is priced at $15,950.
- The SXL-8 includes a XenData SX-10 appliance and an HP 8 slot LTO autoloader with one internal LTO-6 tape drive. It provides 17.5 TB of near-line LTO capacity and supports automatic duplication of LTO cartridges. It is priced at $17,950.
- The SXL-24/1 includes a XenData SX-10 appliance and an HP 24 slot LTO library with one internal LTO-6 tape drive. It provides 57.5 TB of near-line LTO capacity and supports automatic duplication of LTO cartridges. It is priced at $21,950.
- The SXL-24/2 includes a XenData SX-10 appliance and an HP 24 slot LTO library with two internal LTO-6 tape drives. It provides 57.5 TB of near-line LTO capacity and supports automatic simultaneous duplication of LTO cartridges. It is priced at $25,950.
The SXL systems write to either 2.5 TB LTO-6 cartridges or 1.5 TB LTO-5 cartridges using either the LTFS exchange format or the open standard TAR format. LTO cartridges provide highly reliable storage with archival lifetimes of 30 years.
They are ideal for video production and post production applications. Offering broad compatibility, they are compatible with most MAMs and NLEs. Alternatively, video files may be archived and restored manually to a file-folder structure using Windows Explorer, Finder or via FTP utilities.
XenData is a leading provider of digital video archiving solutions tailored specifically to serve the media and entertainment industry – with typical customers being TV stations, global broadcasters, media service providers, video production and post-production organizations. XenData’s solutions range from cost-effective LTO workstation archives to multiple petabyte server systems. XenData archive servers have a network attached storage (NAS) architecture and are compatible with a broad range of third party media applications. They can be accessed via a standard file-folder structure or by using an API, providing the high-performance and functionality required to meet today and tomorrow’s demanding digital video applications. With over 500 digital video archive servers managing robotic LTO libraries installed in over 50 countries worldwide, XenData is trusted by some of the largest media companies. For more information visit: http://www.xendata.com