(April 11, 2005) 1 Beyond, Inc., a leading provider of digital video editing and compositing systems, today announced a new uniquely customizable line of HD systems for postproduction professionals. Called 1 Beyond Pro HD Flex™, this new concept in product design allows customers to specify dozens of parameters to meet their exact workflow needs and budgets.
1 Beyond Pro HD Flex will be demonstrated for the fist time at NAB 2005 on booth number SL 3967.
1 Beyond Pro HD Flex customers can chose different types of chassis, I/O cards, editing software, storage options, compression cards, HD formats, graphics software, render engines, etc. The price for a fully featured uncompressed real-time SD/HD system with 1TB of removable disk is $14, 995.
Terry Cullen, 1 Beyond CEO and Founder explains: “In this industry, one size does not fit all. Customers have different workflow, technical, and budget requirements – and they want choices. Our customers are the inspiration for the 1 Beyond Pro HD Flex. If a user has a noisy environment we offer the reduced fatigue with our Silent Partner™ option. If user productivity and asset sharing are required, we add our Harmony™ HD Storage Area Network and for graphics productivity we can combine the SAN with our Redline™ render farm suitable for any size facility. If high performance / smooth editing are high priority, we offer HotRock™ storage with a 400 MB/s disk. If “online all the time” is a requirement, we deliver up to 16TBs of HD storage. If portability is important, we will build a mobile system that boasts more processing power than most desktop systems so that users can edit in the most demanding formats including HD, wherever they are,” adds Cullen.
1 Beyond HD Pro Flex customizable feature sets include:
About 1 Beyond
- Chassis choices: double wide tall tower, double wide short tower, server tower, rack mount, mobile portable, Whisper Quiet
- I/O cards choices: Bluefish 444, Blackmagic, Canopus, Firewire
- High-speed Professional Encoding / Compression options: Tarari, Inlet, Modulus Technology
- Storage options: Local, remote (Fiber Channel, SATA, SCSI, iSCSI), 1 Beyond Harmony™ SAN, 1 Beyond Harmony™ NAS, 1 Beyond Silent Partner™
- Software options: Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Xpress HD, Sony Vegas, Canopus Edius, Avid Softimage|XSI, Alias Maya, Boris Blue, AutoDesk combustion, Eyeon Digital Fusion, Adobe After Effects and more
- Formats: SD/HD compressed and uncompressed up to 1080i, including real-time, HDV on workstations or portables up to 1080i
Founded in 1996, 1 Beyond, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of professional PC-based video editing and compositing systems and storage at a fraction of the cost of traditional high-end systems. This value leadership is due to constant technical innovation, including 9 years of industry firsts. 1 Beyond delivers turnkey video end-to-end solutions that provide customers with the highest performance and quality digital workflow in all video formats including both compressed and uncompressed HD. The company offers a wide range of systems including award-winning laptops, desktops, mobiles and Storage Area Networks used in all phases of editing and compositing. All 1 Beyond systems are designed with true open architecture and built on world standards. This ensures the customer a continued upgrade path and hence, the longest period for ROI and non-obsolescence. For more information visit www.1Beyond.com or call 877-One-Beyond.