(TEWKSBURY, Mass.--BUSINESS WIRE--May 11, 2005) Avid Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVID) today announced that it will host two industry events - in Los Angeles on May 18, and in New York City on June 9 - designed to explore HD postproduction trends and demonstrate the company's latest product innovations.
Both events will offer an in-depth look at the challenges associated with transitioning to HD postproduction, followed by the opportunity to test drive Avid's complete line of postproduction solutions - from its entry-level HD tools to its most advanced HD video editing and finishing solutions. In addition, registered attendees will have the chance to win a free Avid Xpress® Studio HD Complete system - valued at $5,995 USMSRP.
"As professionals consider the best way to transition to HD postproduction, many are finding that the decision-making process is extremely complex - and that there is not a 'one-size-fits-all' solution," said Chas Smith, vice president and general manager of Avid's video business. "During the L.A. and New York events, we'll examine the domino effect of HD content creation - and how decisions about acquisition, image quality, asset management, workflow, and output all have a tremendous impact on the end result. Our goal is to discuss these issues in plain terms, and then highlight how Avid can help professionals get the best return on their investments once they decide to make the leap to HD."
Following the discussion about the transition to HD postproduction, Avid will demonstrate a range of its latest HD product innovations, including:
- Avid DNxHD™ encoding - delivering the image quality of 8- and 10-bit uncompressed HD images with the bandwidth and storage requirements of SD files;
- The Avid® Symphony™ Nitris® system - offering the unmatched real-time performance of the Nitris Digital Nonlinear Accelerator™ (Avid DNA™) hardware with the creative and corrective tools, and multi-format mastering and versioning capabilities, of the Avid Symphony software;
- The Avid DS Nitris system - delivering resolution-independent capabilities, including 10-bit uncompressed HD, Avid DNxHD encoding, and SD finishing and mastering as well as 2K/4K file-based editing and expanded DPX file-conform functionality for digital intermediate (DI) workflows;
- The Media Composer™ Adrenaline™ HD system with the Avid DNxcel™ board - providing 10-bit capture, editing, and playback of today's leading HD formats, true 24 fps HD support for film projects, new tapeless workflows with support for the Panasonic P2 and Sony XDCAM professional cameras, Avid DNxHD encoding, and real-time HD and SD multicamera editing; and,
- The Avid Xpress Studio HD and Avid Xpress Pro HD systems - offering professional HD, SD, DV, and film editing features with powerful audio, 3D animation, effects, titling, and DVD authoring tools.
Event Logistics, Registration & Contest Rules
The Los Angeles event will take place on Wednesday, May 18, 2005, from 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. at the House of Blues, 8430 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA. The New York event will take place on Thursday, June 9, from 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. at Strata, 915 Broadway and 21st Street, New York, NY. To register for either event, please visit http://www.avid.com/domoretour
To learn more about the official contest rules for how to win an Avid Xpress Studio HD Complete system, please visit http://www.avid.com/events/roadshow/rules.asp
About Avid Technology, Inc.
Avid Technology, Inc. is the world leader in digital nonlinear media creation, management, and distribution solutions, enabling film, video, audio, animation, games, and broadcast professionals to work more efficiently, productively, and creatively. For more information about the company's Oscar®, Grammy®, and Emmy® award-winning products and services, please visit: www.avid.com.