(OKEMOS, Mich.--BUSINESS WIRE--June 27, 2005) TechSmith Corp., the world's leading provider of screen capture and recording solutions, today announced the availability of Camtasia Studio 3 with digital video capture and picture-in-picture (PIP) capabilities, giving users a single solution to create the most realistic on-demand software demonstrations and Microsoft PowerPoint presentations possible.
Camtasia Studio allows individuals with no multimedia or programming expertise to create on-demand demonstrations, presentations, and screencasts to communicate in a more effective, engaging and visually informative manner. Camtasia Studio now enables users to include video of a presenter, which can be added to a presentation via PIP. Multimedia content created in minutes with Camtasia Studio is proven to reduce costs associated with technical support and helpdesks, and improve the effectiveness of online training, sales presentations, and marketing initiatives.
"With this release we're making it even easier for businesses to knock down the knowledge and language barriers inherit in the adoption and use of technical products," said Troy Stein, Camtasia Studio Product Manager at TechSmith. "Being able to quickly create a professional and realistic demonstration, or a quick how-to video, that people can see, hear and experience whenever and wherever they choose, will translate into more knowledgeable and productive employees at all skill levels, and happier customers."
Camtasia Studio automatically records exactly what a user sees on a computer screen, what they say, and how they interact with any application or Web site on a Windows desktop. Users can then edit and share the demonstrations online or via fixed media in all popular streaming media formats, including Flash (SWF).
In addition to video capture and PIP other new features in Camtasia Studio 3 include:
- 30 days of free Web hosting - Camtasia Studio 3 users receive 30 days of free third-party Web hosting for their videos, with additional monthly contract options.
- JPEG compression for Flash (SWF) - Users can significantly reduce SWF file size for graphically intensive recordings such as photographs, CAD drawings, or any complex graphic.
- Automated publishing - A new production wizard aids users in publishing and sharing videos; it is optimized for email or DVD sharing.
- Quizzing - Allows organizations to assess learning with multiple-choice quizzes. Answers can be reported back to SCORM-compliant Learning Management Systems.
- Interactive Callouts - Gives users one-click control to make any Callout a HotSpot for interactive navigation.
- Additional audio and video tracks - With richer video production capabilities, such as PIP, additional audio and video tracks are provided.
- Faster audio editing - A new audio-editing toolbar has been added to help users quickly adjust audio levels.
System Requirements and Availability
Camtasia Studio 3 supports Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP with DirectX 9.0 or later. Popular digital video formats, including AVI, MPEG, MPG or WMV can be imported into Camtasia Studio videos. Web cameras for capturing live video, and microphones for capturing audio, are available for purchase separately. Camtasia Studio 3 is available immediately with a suggested retail price of $299. The software and recommended hardware can be purchased at http://www.techsmith.com.
About TechSmith Corporation
TechSmith Corporation was founded in 1987 and is located in Okemos, Michigan. TechSmith provides practical business software tools to capture and manipulate images, voice and video from Windows desktops. The company's flagship software packages, SnagIt and Camtasia Studio, enable customers to create visually enhanced content for teaching, training, Web sites, documentation, and business presentations. Morae is the first and only all-digital solution for recording and analyzing human-computer interaction. TechSmith products are used by 98 percent of the Fortune 500. For additional information, visit www.techsmith.com.