(San Antonio, TX – July 6, 2005) NewTek, Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading 3D animation and video products, and e-on software, the leader in natural environment creation software, today announced a special offer providing Vue 5 Infinite®, e-on's flagship solution for the creation of natural 3D environments, and LightWave 3D®, NewTek's Emmy®-award winning 3D content creation and rendering package, to purchasers at the special price of $995US.
The special offer represents a savings of $1199US off the combined regular prices of $599US for Vue and $1595US for LightWave®. Vue 5 Infinite will also be available with LightWave upgrades at $495US, a $599 savings. This limited-time special offer is available for Mac OS X and Windows 2000/XP platforms.
"The power of LightWave combined with the power of Vue 5...this is a killer combination!" said Andy Bishop, Director of Darkside Animation, UK. "No other 3D scenery software can create such stunningly realistic vistas. You can load motions back and forth between the programs, create matte passes in each so they can be combined, you can even transfer individual objects... absolutely stunning, a match made in heaven!"
"We're very pleased to partner with e-on to bring this incredible special offer to LightWave purchasers," said Jay Roth, President of NewTek's 3D Products Division. "LightWave 3D delivers incredible power for creating 3D graphics, visual effects and animation, right out of the box, and adding the cutting-edge natural 3D environment creation of Vue 5 Infinite to the mix creates an unbeatable value for digital artists. And only NewTek would offer this much added power and then throw in a substantial savings over the regular full-seat price of LightWave."
NewTek's LightWave 3D combines a state-of-the-art photo-realistic renderer with intuitive and powerful modeling and animation tools. Known for its fast workflow and ease of use, LightWave also integrates well with other popular production tools for 3D and for compositing, with support for PSD and RLA/RPF files as well as a wide range of other formats. Tools that cost extra in many other professional 3D applications are part of the standard package, including hard- and soft-body dynamics, cloth simulation, hair and fur, and much, much more. LightWave is used worldwide as a complete 3D production solution for broadcast graphics, games, print, web, and visual effects for film and television.
Vue 5 Infinite is the most efficient and advanced solution for creating, animating and rendering natural 3D environments. Vue 5 Infinite is strongly focused on power, productivity and inter-operability with existing toolkits. Specifically designed for graphics professionals, Vue 5 Infinite combines a multitude of cutting edge features (such as the revolutionary new EcoSystem™ technology) that easily integrate into existing production pipelines. Single objects and complete scenes can be exported to LightWave 3D, and Vue 5 Infinite also includes camera and light synchronization with LightWave for perfectly matched renders. Vue 5 Infinite integrates with and extends LightWave to provide a complete, professional 3D natural scenery suite.
"We are delighted to be working with NewTek to bring this amazing offer to professional artists," said Nicholas Phelps, President of e-on Software. "Vue 5 Infinite provides the most powerful set of tools for creating natural environments in 3D, and combining these with NewTek's LightWave 3D product brings an incomparable value in content creation tools to illustrators, VFX studios, architects, and 3D Computer Graphics professionals."
Vue 5 Infinite Features:
- Revolutionary EcoSystem™ technology to populate scenes with millions of animated plants, rocks or objects;
- G-Buffer and Multi-Pass rendering with fully anti-aliased masks for advanced compositing;
- Multi-layer PSD, RLA and RPF file format support for use with e.g. Discreet Combustion or Adobe After Effects;
- Procedural Terrains with infinite level of detail whatever the viewing distance,
- Plant editing technology with full export capabilities and animation support for simulating the effects of wind through trees;
- Ultra Realistic standard and volumetric atmosphere models;
- Global Illumination and Radiosity,
- High Dynamic Range Image (HDRI) and Image Based Lighting (IBL),
- SmartGraph™ advanced function and material editor with Full shader customization, advanced time-dependent effects and non photo-realistic rendering;
- Ultra fast OpenGL-based pre-rendering engine for quick and easy previewing;
- AccuShadows™ advanced shadow mapping technologies;
- HyperVue™ Network rendering with 5 render nodes included.
LightWave 3D Features:
- World-class rendering
- Fast, versatile Modeler
- Powerful scripting language
- Character Animation tools
- Particle Effects
- Hard- and soft-body dynamics, cloth dynamics, bone dynamics
- Unlimited points and polygons per object
- Unlimited images
- Unlimited surfaces
- Easy import of Illustrator® data
- Easy integration with other effects production tools.
Pricing and Availability
- LightWave 3D full seat with electronic documentation and Vue 5 Infinite: $995
- LightWave 3D full seat with electronic and printed documentation and Vue 5 Infinite: $1095
- LightWave  upgrade with electronic documentation and Vue 5 Infinite: $495
- LightWave  upgrade with electronic and printed documentation and Vue 5 Infinite: $595
For more information or to purchase, visit: http://www.newtek.com
" target="_blank">http://www.newtek.com" target="_blank">http://www.newtek.com or call NewTek Sales at 1-800-368-5441, overseas callers dial +1-210-370-8000. To locate a NewTek Authorized Reseller link to http://www.newtek.com/dealers.
About e-on software
e-on software was established to develop and promote the highest quality graphics tools. e-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of a designer’s creativity. e-on software’s product line includes the award winning Vue natural 3D environment creators, as well as the Ozone 2.0 line of professional atmospheric plug-ins. e-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon. Visit their website at http://www.e-onsoftware.com.
With headquarters in San Antonio, Texas, NewTek is a leading provider of full-featured video editing, live production, presentation, animation and special effects tools including LightWave 3D®, winner of the 2003 Primetime Emmy® Engineering Award, TriCaster™, and VT™. NewTek launched the desktop video revolution in 1990 with the release of the legendary Video Toaster®. The company's products are used worldwide on projects ranging from home video to feature film. Recent television and film projects using NewTek production tools include Sin City, The Aviator, Aliens of the Deep, "I, Robot", Spiderman 2, Battlestar: Galactica, Access Hollywood
and Entertainment Tonight.
Recent game titles include Doom III, Unreal Tournament,
and Age of Mythology.