(Oct. 24, 2005, San Francisco, CA) Sunnyside Software goes international with the release of RayCaster 1.6, now supporting PAL. The exclusive FlipCast scripting and playlist feature of this Windows® MediaTM -based encoder allows smooth and simple integration of urls and slides into a live stream.
- FlipCast Commands: RayCaster allows for the integration of urls and other commands into the live stream, so that the user can "flip slides" during the webcast.
- FlipCast Playlists: In a big improvement over Windows Media Encoder, urls can be created and organized before the webcast. Drag and drop importing allows extant files to be quickly imported into RayCaster from Windows Explorer; this works for local files, shared files, and ftp.
- PAL support: RayCaster 1.6 now functions internationally for PAL camera users.
- Remote control: Operators with cameras at several locations can now start and stop the stream remotely with a single command. This is useful when creating timed events or automating RayCaster.
- Deinterlaced encodes: dramatically improves the video quality of encodes larger than 320x240.
“Our exclusive FlipCast features along with PAL encoding demonstrate our ongoing commitment to making live streaming as simple and intuitive as possible,” notes Sunnyside Software CEO David Mojdehi. A current RayCaster customer at a Fortune 100 company comments, “We looked at all the packages out there and RayCaster was the only one that had what we needed for our Human Resources and Executive presentations.”
RayCaster is a live audio/video encoder that employs up to five simultaneous, real-time Windows® MediaTM encoders to reach the broadest audience possible with a high level of failover protection. RayCaster simultaneously archives high-quality footage to disk and provides a powerful interface to streamline the webcast process.
Designed for the serious webcaster, RayCaster's elegant interface allows instant customization of video and audio parameters of all encoders, which can be started and stopped together with one click. RayCaster 1.6 is available via electronic download at www.raycaster.com for $399. A physical copy can be purchased for an additional $15.00 shipping/handling fee.
Sunnyside Software will be exhibiting at Streaming Media West, November 15-17 at the San Jose Convention Center.
RayCaster is the debut product from Sunnyside Software, a San Francisco-based startup founded by veterans of the digital video industry. Named for a neighborhood in San Francisco, Sunnyside Software was incorporated in 2004 to develop and market products to the extant and potential streaming market. The principals have over 20 years of combined experience in digital media development, implementation and documentation.