(FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--BUSINESS WIRE--Nov. 8, 2005) IDG World Expo, the leading producer of world-class tradeshows, conferences and events for technology markets, today announced the schedule for the Power Tools Conferences at Macworld Conference & Expo®, taking place January 9-13, 2006 at San Francisco's Moscone Center. This will mark the first in-depth public training on Apple's newly launched product, Aperture - the first all-in-one post-production tool for professional photographers.
Mac users can also choose from 14 other topics, each providing two full days of in-depth training on the latest innovations, tips and tricks for the most popular Mac applications or tools.
Macworld San Francisco features the largest independent Mac education and training program in the world. Topics covered at this year's Power Tools Conferences include: Aperture for Professional Photographers; Dreamweaver 8; Professional Photoshop; DVD Studio Pro 4; Adobe Creative Suite 2; FileMaker Pro 7 and 8; Video Compression; Mac OS X Server Advanced Concepts; HD Production and Workflow; Logic for Professional Music Production; Flash 8; Adobe Acrobat; Final Cut Studio; AppleScript; Working Wireless Networks; and Automating Publishing Tasks and Workflows.
The Power Tools Conferences are separated into two series spanning a full four days. Conference attendees have the option of attending two different conferences: one taking place on Monday and Tuesday, January 9-10; and the other taking place on Wednesday and Thursday, January 11-12. Featured conferences include:
- "Inside Aperture," explores the first all-in-one post-production tool for professional photographers. Taught by best-selling digital photography author, Derrick Story.
- "Mastering Logic," guides participants through the complete music production process using Logic, the powerful music production tool from Apple. Taught by David Mash of the prestigious Berklee College of Music.
- "Mastering the Adobe Creative Suite 2," features power-user tips and tricks for working with the new CS2 versions of Bridge, Version Cue, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and GoLive.
- "Professional Photoshop," helps professionals get up to speed on Photoshop's newest features. Taught by Photoshop master Michael Ninness.
- "Mac OS X Server - Advanced Concepts and Administration," explains how to properly deploy Mac OS X Server within an organization. Taught by author, consultant and OS X Server expert, Schoun Regan.
- "Working Wireless Networks," teaches how best to design, install and administer wireless networks at home, in the office or on large campuses. Taught by world renowned authority, Dr. Bill Wiecking.
- "Flash 8: Out of the Box," explores the impressive new degree of expressiveness Flash 8 brings to Macromedia's flagship animation and interactive development tool.
- "HD Production and Workflow," reviews specific workflows in detail based on their final delivery scenarios, whether film, broadcast, Web or DVD.
"Our Power Tools Conferences have become some of the most popular elements of the Macworld educational agenda," said Paul Kent, Macworld conference chairperson. "In San Francisco, we are presenting an impressive line-up of new and updated classes that will take Mac users to new heights with the products they rely on everyday. Taught by the leading experts in their fields, these unique courses offer users a two day immersive experience that teaches them what's new, what's key and how to deploy the tips and techniques that will save them time and money."
For more information or to register for the event, please visit http://www.macworldexpo.com
About Macworld Conference & Expo
Owned and produced by Framingham Mass.-based IDG World Expo, Macworld Conference & Expo is the world's most comprehensive Macintosh OS event. Macworld Conference & Expo showcases products and services for professionals involved in media and creative content development for corporate and home applications, as well as prosumers using the Mac at home. Macworld Conference & Expo brings together the loyal base of Mac OS audiences in creative services, education, application development, entertainment, small office/home office and Internet-based environments. Macworld Conference & Expo offers professionals and prosumers alike the opportunity to discover the latest developments and hottest products these markets offer. For more information or to register for the event, please visit the Web site at www.macworldexpo.com, or call (800) 645-EXPO. For exhibiting opportunities, please contact Annie Rice at (508) 424-4839 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Ron Moreau at (508) 424-4804 or email@example.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) produces technology-focused tradeshows, conferences and events for professionals seeking world-class education, peer-to-peer networking and one-stop comparison shopping. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld Conference & Expo®, LinuxWorld Conference & Expo®, Wireless Sensing Solutions®, Syndicate™, GridWorld™, OSBC®, Digital ID World®, RoboBusiness and RoboNexus. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.