(SAN ANTONIO--BUSINESS WIRE--Feb. 23, 2006) Bauhaus Software, a leading provider of 2D animation and special effects tools, today announced Boardomatic v2, a new fully digital storyboarding system for Bauhaus Mirage, the company's award-winning 2D Animation product. Designed for 2D animators and storyboard artists accustomed to working on paper, Boardomatic v2 combines a customizable template system, automatic pan generation, print formatting and much more.
"Storyboards are the critical first step of every animation and live action production," said Paul Ford, President of Bauhaus. "Boardomatic 2's patent-pending technology provides the complete suite of tools needed to produce fully digital storyboards with the same accuracy and far greater flexibility than paper-based workflows. From thumbnail to final printed board output, Boardomatic 2 is a first-ever, speed-optimized digital emulation of the same process used for years throughout the industry."
Key Boardomatic v2 features include:
- Powerful Storyboarding and Thumbnail Templates for quick and easy creation of industry-standard horizontal or vertical storyboards. Allows for both fully digital and scanned-image board creation.
- Digital Thumbsheet Tool allows for creation of digital thumbnails and single or batch transfer to storyboard panels for final board creation.
- Advanced Pan Creation System with 12- and 16-field guides for automatic creation of custom pans that are then placed into board sequence layouts.
- Powerful Text tools, for inserting dialog, actions, pan image names and timing data for each board. Includes timing data in feet/frames or seconds/frames.
- Revision management automatically preserves board numbering when adding pans, strikeouts or blank panels.
- Automatic Print Controls, including a wide variety of horizontal and vertical board layouts for printing to any standard printer or Adobe PDF(R) format.
- Project Management & Utilities allow for sub-project management and custom UI preferences. Includes footage calculator for feet and frames.
Using Boardomatic, beta testers have reported over 50 percent timesavings when compared with storyboarding on paper alone. The option of outputting Boardomatic 2 files to PDF makes sending finished boards to outside production facilities fast and easy.
"Bauhaus has finally succeeded in modernizing and improving the age-old process of storyboarding," said Andy Collen of Happy Trails Animation. "Not only is this new system a huge time saver, but it's so dynamic that we can literally create anything we could with paper, and more. Over the past few weeks, we have done more boards in less time than ever before."
Pricing and Availability
Boardomatic will ship on March 4, 2006, and is available for a limited time at the introductory price of $149 ($195 MSRP) through the Bauhaus Software web store. Boardomatic and the Mirage suite of products are available through both the Bauhaus Software website, http://www.bauhaussoftware.com
, and authorized distributors worldwide. Bauhaus Mirage is available for both Microsoft Windows® and Mac OS® X.
About Bauhaus Software
Bauhaus Software Inc. is a leading provider of products and technologies for the 2D animation and digital effects markets. Founded in 2003, Bauhaus is focused on developing the ultimate tools for producing both classical and digital 2D animation. With industry-leading customers including Disney, Film Roman, Cartoon Network, Klasky-Csupo, and Pixar, Bauhaus is the fastest-growing company in the 2D animation market space. The company's products are sold both direct and through a worldwide reseller channel. For more information on Bauhaus Software, visit its website at http://www.bauhaussoftware.com