(Montreal, Canada, April 18, 2006) Matrox® Video Products Group today announced Matrox MXO(tm), an easy-to-use DVI-to-audio/video output adapter for the Mac that takes the DVI output from a Mac computer or laptop and converts it to broadcast-quality video. Users can preview Apple Final Cut Pro projects or the output of other QuickTime-based applications such as Motion, Shake or DVD Studio Pro from Apple, or Adobe After Effects, as they will actually appear on TV and record them frame accurately to tape.
Matrox MXO can also be used to provide a flicker-free video output of the computer desktop with any application, allowing the user to record and display Keynote and PowerPoint presentations, web browser sessions, and software application training. Matrox MXO will be demonstrated at NAB 2006 in the Matrox booth SL1137 and the Apple booth SL3702.
"Matrox MXO incorporates patent-pending technology that provides important workflow enhancements for video production professionals on the Mac platform," said Alberto Cieri, Matrox sales and marketing director. "It's a cost-effective external box that's easy-to-use and portable. Final Cut Pro users will wonder how they ever worked without it."
"Apple's Final Cut Studio brings real-time, native HD editing to customers at a breakthrough price," said Ron Okamoto, Apple's Vice President of Worldwide Developer Relations. "We're delighted that Matrox is building on Apple's innovation in Final Cut Studio, QuickTime and Mac OS X "Tiger" to provide improved HD workflows for video production professionals on the Mac."
Key features of Matrox MXO
- DVI to broadcast-quality video conversion in HD and SD
- Portable, hot-swappable external box
- Genlockable HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite outputs
- Up to 8 channels SDI embedded audio output with stereo audio monitoring
- Workflow enhancements for Final Cut Pro and other QuickTime-based applications
- Conversion of DVI preview output to frame accurate video for insert editing and print-to-tape with guaranteed audio/video sync
- Interlacing artifact elimination and gamma correction when previewing video on a secondary DVI display
- Hardware accelerated output of DVCPRO HD, HDV, and Final Cut Pro Dynamic RT segments
- Realtime downscaling of an HD project to SD resolution with proper color space conversions
- Flicker-free, broadcast-quality video output of the computer desktop with any application
Price and availability
Priced at $995 US in North America, Matrox MXO will be available in June 2006 through a worldwide network of authorized dealers.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for realtime editing, DVD authoring, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit http://www.matrox.com/video