(Montreal, Canada, April 18, 2006) Matrox® Video Products Group today announced Matrox RT.X2(tm), a high-performance realtime native HDV and DV editing platform bundled with Adobe® Premiere Pro®. Ideal for corporate communicators, event videographers, project studios, educational facilities and digital filmmakers, Matrox RT.X2 is designed primarily for realtime native HDV and DV editing. It also provides a high-quality MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame codec so users can capture other HD and SD formats using RT.X2's analog inputs and mix all types of footage on the timeline in real time.
"We are excited about the new Matrox RT.X2 editing platform bringing affordable real-time functionality and complete workflow flexibility for professional video editors working in both HDV and DV," said Simon Hayhurst, director of product management, Video Solutions for Adobe. "It provides Adobe Production Studio customers with a professional, integrated nonlinear editing system that scales to support any project type."
"We're capitalizing on the success of the Matrox Axio technology to bring many of the same high-end productivity and workflow features to professional editors working primarily in HDV and DV," said Lorne Trottier, president and CTO of Matrox. "No other platform gives users so many ways to get the job done in record time, at such an affordable price point."
Key features of Matrox RT.X2
- Realtime multi-layer workflows that combine HD and SD material from analog and digital sources
- Realtime Matrox Flex CPU effects - color correction, speed changes, chroma/luma keying and many more
- Realtime and accelerated Matrox Flex GPU effects - 2D/3D DVE, blur/glow/soft focus, shine and many more
- Native HDV and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame HD editing
- Native DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO, and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame SD editing
- Realtime mixing of HD codecs and SD codecs on any timeline
- Realtime mixed-format multi-cam
- Realtime high-quality hardware downscaling for SD output from an HD timeline
- Accelerated export to DVD, multimedia formats including Flash Video, and Adobe Clip Notes
- WYSIWYG for Adobe After Effects and Photoshop, Autodesk Combustion and 3ds Max, eyeon Fusion, and NewTek LightWave 3D with dynamic Alt+Tab switching
- Composite, Y/C, HD/SD analog component input and output
- Full-resolution HD monitoring on an inexpensive flat panel display via independent DVI output
- Includes Adobe Premiere Pro
Price and availability
Priced at $1,995 US in North America including Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0, Matrox RT.X2 will be available in May 2006 through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. A special limited-time in-box coupon offer entitles the purchaser to a substantial discount on an upgrade to Adobe Production Studio.
For a limited time, owners of Matrox RT.X100 can upgrade to RT.X2 at a special price. Details regarding all promotional offers can be found on the Matrox website.
System selection guidelines and lists of validated computers, motherboards, and GPUs will be posted in the support section of the Matrox website. Complete RT.X2-based turnkey systems are also available from Matrox RT.X2 authorized dealers.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for realtime editing, DVD authoring, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit http://www.matrox.com/video