(NAMM – Austin, Texas --July 17, 2006) CME, based in China and distributed in the US by Yamaha Corporation of America, continues it’s string of world's firsts with the shipping of the WIDI X-8, a full duplex wireless system for MIDI and USB communication.
A great way to clean up long MIDI cable runs or extend USB connections, the WIDI X-8 comes with two identical MIDI/USB devices that operate in four different ways depending on the users needs. First, each unit can work independently as a stand- alone USB to MIDI interface. With both units in MIDI/RF mode, a keyboard or MIDI controller can be wirelessly connected to rack modules, samplers, or other keyboards – great for use on stage. With both units in USB/RF mode, USB data is transmitted between devices, allowing wireless communication between two computers in different areas of the home or studio. Put one unit in USB/RF mode and the other in MIDI/RF mode and you have a wireless interface to connect a keyboard or MIDI controller to a computer.
- Operates on 2.4GHz ISM license-free band
- Transmission range up to 262 feet (unobstructed)
- Low power consumption, high speed, error correction ability
- Built-in USB MIDI interface
- Bi-directional MIDI communication (MIDI in/out)
- Up to 64 pairs can be operating at the same time via 64 channels
- Three operating modes (USB/RF, MIDI/RF, USB/MIDI)
- OS X and Windows XP class-compliant for plug-and-play
- Powered by 2 ‘AA’ size batteries, AC power adapter (DC 5V) or USB bus-powered
The WIDI X-8 is now available for $249.99 US MSRP.
For more information, please visit http://www.cme-pro.com
CME® is the registered trademark of Central Music Co, a high-tech enterprise founded in Beijing, China in 1993 and focused on the growing digital music production market. Central Music Co imports and distributes many of the world’s top music production brands including Apogee, Emu, Event, Kurzweil, Millennia, Moog, MOTU, Novation, PreSonus, RME, Rode, and Terratec in the Chinese market. The company uses its unique talents and vision to develop and manufacture digital musical instruments to meet the needs of the new generation of professional musicians. These products are sold worldwide under the brand of CME.