TechSmith Introduces Camtasia Studio 4 with Capability to Create Screencasts for Apple iPod
: TechSmith Introduces Camtasia Studio 4 with Capability to Create Screencasts for Apple iPodCompany Also Debuts Screencast.com Online Video and Multimedia Service for Business and Academic ProfessionalsLast Updated: October 17, 2006 3:59 pm GMT
(Okemos, Michigan – October 17, 2006) TechSmith Corp., the world's leading provider of screen capture and recording solutions, today announced the availability of Camtasia Studio 4, enabling individuals with no programming or multimedia expertise to create screencasts of software demonstrations, interactive training, online marketing content, and PowerPoint-based video presentations that can be delivered to portable media players including the Apple iPod.
Camtasia Studio 4 is also integrated with the new Screencast.com service, which is currently in open beta testing. The integration between Camtasia Studio 4 and Screencast.com facilitates fast and easy video sharing. Unlike other online video services, Screencast.com retains the original quality, size and professionalism of the uploaded screencast.
"With the release of Camtasia Studio 4, our customers can reach their audience anywhere,” said Troy Stein, Camtasia Studio Product Manager at TechSmith. “iPod owners have access to information that goes well beyond the typical movie and music options they can download from iTunes. With Camtasia Studio 4, bloggers, presenters, marketing professionals, educators, and trainers have a powerful way to visually reach their target audience on the go.”
Sample screencasts can be viewed at http://www.screencast.com
Camtasia Studio automatically records exactly what a user sees on a computer screen, what they say, and how they interact with PowerPoint or any Windows-based application or website. Individuals can then edit the interactive content and share it online in all popular streaming media formats, including Flash (SWF, FLV), portable media player formats, or fixed media such as CD or DVD. Users can also import video from digital camcorders to enhance their screen recordings.
Some of the new features in Camtasia Studio 4 include:
- Support for portable media player video formats, including M4V for iPod video, to reach the widest possible audience
- Ability to create multiple files simultaneously so users can produce a single screencast in a variety of formats (e.g., Flash, iPod, MP3, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Audio enhancements so users can remove background noise and volume variations with one-click to easily deliver professional-sounding screencasts
- 30-second previews that allow users to see how the first 30 seconds of a screencast will look and sound based on different production options before producing the entire video
- Closed Captioning so users can synchronize voice narration with text displayed on the screen video to create videos that are accessible to a broad audience
- Shareable production profiles that allow individuals to share their screencast settings with others, helping organizations standardize the look and feel of all screencasts and get new users up and running quickly
Multimedia content -- created in minutes with Camtasia Studio -- is proven to increase the effectiveness of online training and education, sales presentations, and marketing initiatives, and reduce costs associated with technical support and helpdesks. Camtasia Studio allows individuals to replace technical and jargon-laden documentation and websites with compelling and effective multimedia content.
System Requirements and Availability
Camtasia Studio 4 supports Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP with DirectX 9.0. Additional digital video formats that can be imported include AVI, MPEG, MPG, and WMV. Web cameras and microphones for capturing audio and video are available for purchase separately. Camtasia Studio 4 has a suggested retail price of $299. A one month free account of Screencast.com is also available. The software and recommended hardware can be purchased at http://www.techsmith.com . For additional information about Camtasia Studio, visit: http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/default.asp
About TechSmith Corporation
Founded in 1987, TechSmith Corporation provides practical business software tools and services. TechSmith's solutions enable users to capture, record and enhance digital content from their computer screens so they can share information and knowledge in compelling multimedia formats, and allow others to observe, analyze and learn from their experiences. TechSmith products are used by 98 percent of the Fortune 500. Visit www.techsmith.com for more information.