(Marlborough, MA – November 14, 2006) Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film production, today announced the release of Boris Graffiti 5.0. Boris Graffiti 5.0 is a 2D and 3D vector title animation plug-in solution that seamlessly integrates with industry standard non-linear editing systems.
Boris Graffiti 5.0 is based on the new Boris Red 4.0 release offering a slick new user environment, exceptional compositing and effects creation tools, and industrial strength processing. “Boris Graffiti is used by thousands of creative professionals – becoming the “go the tool” for cross-platform titling and vector graphics creation. The release of version 5.0 really raises the creativity capabilities with powerful features such as EPS import and an ergonomically enhanced UI,” said Boris Yamnitsky, founder and president, Boris FX.
Boris Graffiti 5.0 Highlights Include:
- New User Interface: new UI incorporates NLE look and feel for smooth user interaction. A mini timeline in the composite window with keyframe animation controls and popular "Sticky" and "Magnetic" windows create an interactive design environment.
- EPS Import and Extrusion: scalable vector art can now be imported directly into Graffiti. Users can add, delete or modify the original spline points and the result can be extruded and animated in 3D space
- Over 40 Title Treatment filters: the most popular Continuum and Final Effects filters as well as new filters are now included with Graffiti 5
- New Library Browser Templates: the new Graffiti release ships with power user Steve Oakley’s favorite templates for fast title creation
- Generator Support for Sony Vegas: Sony Vegas 7 editors can use Boris Graffiti 5.0 as a static title generator; less rendering and faster title generation
- Additional NLE Hosts: support for new hosts include Avid models, Canopus Edius 4 and Sony Vegas 7
- Intel Mac Support – Graffiti users have a choice of using Apple’s power PC or the new Intel-based Macs (shipping Dec 2006 – free update for Graffiti 5.0 customers).
- 16-bit Color: lends greater control over color correction and manipulation with expanded color depth
Boris Graffiti 5.0 is available today through the Boris FX web site and Boris FX worldwide reseller channel for an MSRP of $299.00 USD. Existing Boris Graffiti users can upgrade for an MSRP of $199.00 USD.
Special promotions include the new Boris Graffiti and Boris FX releases bundled for an MSRP $499.00 USD or bundled upgrades for an MSRP $299.00 USD.
For more information, please visit the web site at http://www.borisfx.com
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995 in Boston MA, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for the broadcast, post production, film and multi-media industries. Since the company's inception, Boris products have grown to serve over 125,000 artists worldwide. A great part of its success lies in the ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading manufacturers including Adobe®, Apple®, Autodesk®, Avid®, Canopus®, Discreet®, Eyeon®, in-sync®, Incite®, Leitch®, Matrox®, Media 100®, Sony Pictures Digital®, and Ulead®. For more information, visit http://www.borisfx.com