(Montreal, Canada, January 8, 2007) Matrox Video Products Group today announced that release 2.0 software for the Matrox RT.X2™ realtime HDV and DV editing platform is now shipping. Release 2.0 provides significant new features including realtime native editing of JVC's ProHD HDV 720p format.
Matrox RT.X2 is designed primarily for realtime native HDV and DV editing with Adobe Premiere Pro. It also provides a high-quality MPEG-2 I-frame codec so users can capture other HD and SD formats using RT.X2's analog inputs and mix HD and SD material on the timeline in real time.
"Support for all the 720p formats used by JVC's popular ProHD series cameras will make RT.X2 even more attractive to corporate communicators, event videographers, project studios, educational facilities, and digital filmmakers," said Wayne Andrews, Matrox RT.X2 product manager. "The 720p format gives them an affordable way to get into HD production."
Other new features in release 2.0 include:
- Support for Matrox HDV files and Matrox Flex CPU effects in Adobe After Effects
- Realtime playback of 32-bit MPEG-2 I-frame AVI files with alpha
- Realtime playback and mixing of Adobe native HDV files .MPEG and .M2T
- Improved color correction tools
- WYSIWYG video output for Adobe Bridge and Windows Media Player Â
- Four new effects cube, impressionist, ripple, twirl
Key features of Matrox RT.X2
- Realtime mixed-format multi-layer workflows that combine HD and SD material from analog and digital sources
- Realtime Matrox Flex CPU effects color correction, speed changes, chroma/luma keying and many more
- Realtime and accelerated Matrox Flex GPU effects 2D/3D DVE, blur/glow/soft focus, shine and many more
- Native HDV and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame HD editing
- Native DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO, and MPEG-2 4:2:2 I-frame SD editing
- Realtime mixed-format multi-cam
- Realtime high-quality hardware downscaling for SD output from an HD timeline
- Accelerated export to DVD, multimedia formats including Flash Video, and Adobe Clip Notes
- WYSIWYG for Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Bridge, Autodesk Combustion and 3ds Max, eyeon Fusion, NewTek LightWave 3D, and Windows Media Player with dynamic Alt+Tab switching
- Composite, Y/C, HD/SD analog component input and output
- Full-resolution HD monitoring on an inexpensive flat panel display via independent DVI output
Price and availability
Priced at $1995 US in North America (GBP 1174, €1749) including Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0, Matrox RT.X2 is available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. Release 2.0 can be downloaded by registered RT.X2 owners free of charge from the Matrox website.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for realtime editing, DVD authoring, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit http://www.matrox.com/video