(Miami, Fla. -- February 6, 2007) NewTek, Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading video and 3D animation products, announced that its TriCaster PRO portable live production suite was utilized by ESPNRadio.com to webcast its Live Superweek coverage, featuring extensive pre-game analysis and interviews with celebrities from the worlds of sports and Hollywood, during the week leading up to Super Bowl XLI. Live video coverage was broadcast from three temporary studios located in high traffic outdoor locations in Miami Beach.
"TriCaster has taken our Super Bowl radio coverage to the next level by giving our sponsors more exposure and value by adding a visual element to their sponsorship," said Patrick Ferguson, Director of Marketing for ESPN Radio.
Knockout Digital Media directed, produced and live streamed the webcasts of ESPNRadio.com's Live SuperWeek coverage.
"This type of technology is really exciting,” explains Chavez. "Before TriCaster PRO we needed a big news truck, lots of equipment and a big budget.” With the advent of TriCaster PRO, Chavez says it's affordable and easy to bring all of the excitement of the game to millions of Internet users. "The fans can now see it, feel it and taste it – regardless of whether they are at home, in the office or on their cell phone – that's really cool.”
"The Super Bowl is the sporting event of the year, and the TriCaster enabled fans around the world to participate in the excitement,” said Philip Nelson, NewTek's Vice President Sales and Video Marketing. "The TriCaster is the ultimate choice for professional broadcasters to bring traditional broadcast content to broadband.”
TriCaster PRO Features Include:
- Portable live presentation from a compact box less than one cubic foot and only 10 pounds
- iVGA™ gives you the functionality of high-end scan converters by allowing you to integrate full motion screens from remotely connected computers
- Numerous CG templates for easy creation of titles
- Live streaming to the corporate Intranet or the Web without licensing or per-seat fees.
- Keying, to mix your graphics with live video
- Virtual VCR cues digital video clips and plays them back the instant they are selected for live output, boosting the production value of your presentations
- Integrated real-time video editing allows for on-site changes and client approvals
- XGA projector output ensures that your graphics are presented at the highest possible resolution and that video is up scaled to match
- Output to video, S-Video or composite
- Archive presentations to hard drive for later playback, editing or on-demand streaming
Pricing and Availability
TriCaster™ PRO is available for a suggested retail price of $6995US. For more information or to purchase, call NewTek Sales at 1-800-843-8934.