(Minneapolis, MN - February 15, 2007) Audiofile Engineering has introduced voXover, a new voice-over automation tool and batch recorder for Mac OS X. Designed in Cocoa from the ground up, voXover is custom-tailored for multimedia professionals working in the OS X environment, taking advantage of CoreAudio, Quartz and other advanced features.
voXover is a truly unique and modern voice-over automation utility and batch-recorder for multimedia projects that require large numbers of individual audio files to be recorded where a typical multi-track recorder is not feasible. Examples range from video game development and broadcast work to speaking dictionary and telephone voice-response production.
"voXover is an indispensable tool for multimedia developers who need to record large amounts of dialog efficiently and without error," said Audiofile's Matthew Foust. "And now with our crossgrade offer, voXover represents a quantum leap for users of VoicePro X who previously had no upgrade path."
voXover allows you to write or import a written script and rapidly automate the recording of that script. The script can be displayed on voXover's teleprompter to the voice talent via your wired or wireless network. Sessions can range from completely automated to completely free-form. Takes are automatically created, named, and annotated as configured in the script. Takes may also be filtered, sorted, organized, rearranged, renamed, and exported at any time during the session, making voXover incredibly flexible.
- Based on the familiar Aqua interface
- Organizes scripts into manageable, hierarchical "chunks"
- Uses Bonjour technologies allowing remote machines to log into sessions
- Teleprompter mode for Bonjour-connected clients
- Works with pre-defined script or completely free-form
- Does not require users to learn proprietary markup languages
- Names files based on tokens such as take number, session, and abbreviated line
- Allows users to specify any number of takes per line
- Creates takes based on silence
- Exports takes based on ratings
- Automatically trims and pads takes when exporting
- Exports files as AIFF, WAVE, Wave Editor, SDII, or CAF
- Intelligent import utility imports scripts from TXT, RTF, CSV, or tab-delimited files
- Utilizes (and requires) features in OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
- Support for all audio hardware
- Support for multiple channel inputs
- Optimized for Altivec/SSE
- Universal binary
voXover 1.0.1 is priced at $375. In a unique effort to court users of Gallery's VoicePro X, Audiofile is offering a crossgrade to voXover for only $325.
For more information, visit: http://www.audiofile-engineering.com
About Audiofile Engineering
Audiofile Engineering is redefining the standards for Mac OS X audio software. Audiofile Engineering develops applications exclusively for Mac OS X and is leading the industry by creating audio tools for Macintosh-based audio professionals that fully utilize all of the core technologies in Mac OS X.