(Marlborough MA) Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, announced that Boris Continuum Complete 5.0 for Avid’s AVX 2.0 architecture (BCC 5.0 for AVX) is now available.
BCC 5.0 for AVX is a high performance desktop compositing plug-in package offering over 180 filters for professional visual effects creation. Leveraging the new AVX 2.0 API features, BCC 5.0 delivers a number of user workspace enhancements including on screen and contextual controls for faster and better effects design. Other significant additions are the new BCC 5.0 for AVX filters that incorporate high powered image scaling and motion tracking as well as OGL acceleration for creating unique looks and organic effects.
“Already one of the most popular compositing applications among Avid users, the new BCC release is a quantum leap ahead of its peers with Avid integration. Combine this with highly sought after features such as Match Move and Up Rez and BCC 5.0 is one of the most robust and highly engineered compositing plug-in applications on the market today,” said Boris FX founder Boris Yamnitsky.
New User Workspace Enhancements
The new BCC 5.0 on screen controls are designed specially for Avid AVX systems. They provide Avid editors an organized workspace in which they can visually set up often used geometric parameters such as Motion Tracker and Pixel Chooser. The new BCC 5.0 contextual controls reduce the user interface clutter whilst the new EZ mode helps users keep their focus on the main filter parameters.
“With the release of BCC 5.0, I can't imagine needing another effects package! Being able to take the same filter set from my compositing tools - After Effects and Combustion - and match the look and feel as a native AVX tool in the editing application completes the post production work flow,” Comments David Baertsh, creative director and senior editor, DB Editorial. “The BCC film process tools will impress even the most critical director/producer. It comes closer than anything I have seen for matching HD cameras to 35mm film. BCC 5.0 is a Must-Have addition to every video finishing system.”
BCC 5.0 Filter and Feature Highlights
- New BCC 5.0 filters are either multi-core processor or OGL accelerated to take full advantage of new desktop and laptop hardware.
- BCC Pan and Zoom; known as the “Ken Burns” effect; BCC Pan and Zoom improves on the Avid Pan and Zoom filter by giving users more extensive controls for precise image scaling and re-sampling. Overall better workflow and image quality is achieved with special filter features such as the “watch folder” and new “UpRez” filter.
- BCC UpRez; for common SD to HD conversions, the new BCC UpRez filter provides high quality conversion results.
- Built-in Motion Tracking for new BCC Match Move filter; based on the award-winning motion tracking technology in Boris Red, the new BCC Match Move filter allows users to combine motion tracking with transformation/compositing of a layer. With the release of version 5, the Motion Tracker has an improved UI, making it even easier to use.
- New fast rendering OGL BCC filters; LED, Prism, Scanlines, and Damaged TV filters leverage OGL rendering technology allowing Avid editors to produce eye catching and unique looks quickly.
- Enhanced noise and edge detection algorithms; BCC Turbulence, Noise Map 2 and Color Choker filters now offer users even more choices for stylizing their media.
"Boris has hit a home run once again. This latest release of the BCC effects package adds many new options that were wanted by many including myself. Great job as usual," Terence Curren, editor and president, Alpha Dogs.
Pricing and Availability
BCC 5.0 for AVX is available today through Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct through Boris FX web site at www.borisfx.com for an MSRP of $895.00 (new) and $295.00 (upgrade) for Avid Xpress Pro systems and $1995.00 (new) and $599.00 (upgrade) for Avid Media Composer and Symphony systems.
For more information, please visit the Boris FX web site at http://www.borisfx.com
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995 in Boston MA, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for the broadcast, post production, film and multi-media industries. Since the company's inception, Boris products have grown to serve over 200,000 artists worldwide. A great part of its success lies in the ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading manufacturers including Adobe®, Apple®, Autodesk®, Avid®, Eyeon®, Grass Valley, Matrox®, Media 100®, Sony Pictures Digital®, and Ulead®. For more information, visit http://www.borisfx.com