High-Speed, Low-Cost eSATA Storage Solutions Support Multi-stream SD and Uncompressed HD Workflows with RAID 5 Data Protection
(Santa Monica, CA, October 1, 2007) G-Technology, Inc. (G-Tech) today announced that the company is now delivering its new G-SPEED eS storage solutions specifically designed for professional content creation applications.
G-SPEED eS features a high-speed 3 Gb/s eSATA interface and provides RAID 5 data protection when used in conjunction with the optional G-Tech PCIe RAID controller. G-SPEED eS supports multi-stream video workflows on Mac's and PC's at an unprecedented low cost per GB.
G-SPEED eS features:
- High-speed 3Gb/s eSATA interface
- Configurable as RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 or JBOD (with optional PCIe RAID controller)
- (4) 7200 RPM Hitachi SATA II drives each with up to 32 MB/cache
- Web-based GUI for simple configuration and management
- Compact aluminum enclosure with removable disk drive modules and fan
- Optional 4-port PCIe x4 RAID controller enables up to four G-SPEED eS units to be attached to a single workstation for storage capacities up to 16 TB
- Mac OS X & Windows XP compatible
- 2-year warranty
G-SPEED eS video playback performance (using optional G-Tech RAID controller):
- A single G-SPEED eS unit supports:
- Multi-stream DV, HDV, DVCPRO HD, REDCODE, ProRes 422 & uncompressed SD playback in RAID 0 or RAID 5 mode
- Single-stream 8-bit, 1080/60i HD playback in RAID 0 mode
- Two G-SPEED eS units support:
- Multi-stream playback of all the above video formats plus 10-bit, 1080i/60 HD in RAID 0 or protected RAID 5 mode
Pricing and Availability
G-SPEED eS is available now with prices starting at $999 (US MSRP). Visit G-Tech at www.g-technology.com
to buy online or to find an authorized G-SPEED eS reseller.
About G-Technology, Inc.
G-Technology, Inc. is a leading supplier of innovative external disk storage solutions for Mac's and PC's. The company configures its products using the highest quality storage and semiconductor components to support demanding user environments.
G-Tech is located in the Santa Monica Studio District in sunny Southern California, and has manufacturing facilities there and in the Far East. Headquarters is located at 1653 Stanford Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404. Tel: (310) 449-4599,
Fax: (310) 449-4670, Web: www.g-technology.com