(Marlborough, Massachusetts--July 10, 2008) Media 100, a leading provider of advanced editing systems for the corporate, broadcast, post-production, and new media industries, today announced the release of version 12.7.
The new release offers menu-level integration with Sony’s XDCAM Transfer utility: imported XDCAM media is automatically transcoded to any supported video format including Media 100 HD or Apple’s ProRes 422 codecs and appears in Media 100 bins, ready for editing in Media 100. Also new in Version 12.7 is an improvement to Media 100 ‘s HDV Acquire function; operators may now optionally defer the transcoding process on systems with lower processing bandwidth, allowing for a seamless workflow.
"Boris FX continues it's steady, sure pace with this seventh release since acquiring Media 100 in September 2005. We are pleased to offer these highly-requested features to our users. We are committed to ensuring that our products offer users the tools needed to get their jobs done in an easy to learn, easy to use environment", commented Wickham Strub, Product Manager for Media 100 Editing Systems at Boris FX.
Media 100 Version 12.7 Feature Highlights
Recent Media 100 Release Milestones
- Import Sony XDCAM - Media 100 now utilizes Sony's XDCAM Transfer software to log and import from Sony XDCAM media including the new SxS card format.
- Deferred HDV Acquire - users of computers such as Apple's MacBook Pro and G5 desktop systems can now capture HDV through the computer's built-in FireWire port.
- M100 Version 11.0 June 2006 - company ports Media 100 software to the industry standard and highly popular AJA video card; moving away from proprietary hardware.
- M100 Version 11.5 September 2006 - engineering team adds support for FireWire and Panasonic P2; introduces software only version-Media 100 Producer.
- M100 Version 11.6 March 2007 - Intel-based Mac version of Media 100 is introduced.
- M100 Version 12.0 September 2007- team adds support for progressive formats and deepens integration of Boris compositing and effects products.
- M100 Version 12.5 April 2008 - Media 100 introduces support for HDV, multi-channel audio.
- M100 Version 12.6 June 2008 - Media 100 introduces support for AJA's retail driver v5.1 NDD.
- M100 Version 12.7 July 2008 - Media 100 introduces Sony XDCAM Import and Deferred HDV Acquire.
Pricing and Availability
Media 100 version 12.7 is available immediately. Customers holding valid Media 100 Platinum Software Agreements receive version 12.7 free of charge. Media 100 HD, Media 100 HD Suite, Media 100 HDe, and Media 100 SDe customers can purchase the Media 100 Platinum Software Agreement for $895.00 USD.
Media 100 Producer and Media 100 Producer Suite customers can upgrade to version 12.7 for $295.00 USD. A Platinum Software Updates Agreement for Media 100 Producer is available for $595.00 USD.
Media 100 Suite is now included with the Boris Box Set for Mac priced at MSPR of $1995.00 USD
For more information about Media 100, visit the Media 100 web site at www.media100.com
About Media 100
Media 100, a division of Boris FX, is a leading provider of advanced editing systems for the corporate, broadcast, post production, and new media industries. Featuring the most intuitive and easy-to-learn NLE interface, the company's product lines include Media 100 HD Suite, HDe, SDe and software only editing solution Media 100 Producer and Producer Suite. For more information, visit www.media100.com