(San Antonio, Texas--August 8, 2008) NewTek Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading 3D animation and video products, today announced that numerous LightWave 3D® artists will be discussing their projects at NewTek booth #159.
These professionals have contributed to projects ranging from motion picture blockbusters, including "Iron Man," Emmy-nominated television programs, video games and other impressive commercial work.
"LightWave 3D is the standard for CG rendering, modeling and animation projects in the film, television and gaming industries with its efficient performance and intuitive operation," said Jay Roth, president of 3D division, NewTek. "Using LightWave, artists are eliminating barriers between what they envision and what they deliver."
NewTek LightWave 3D combines a state-of-the-art photo-realistic renderer with intuitive and powerful modeling and animation tools. Known for its fast workflow and ease of use, LightWave® also integrates well with other popular production tools for 3D and for compositing, with support for a wide range of formats. Tools that may cost extra in other professional 3D applications are part of the product package, including unlimited render nodes, hard- and soft-body dynamics, hair, fur, cloth simulation and more. LightWave is used worldwide as a complete 3D production solution for visual effects in film and television, broadcast graphics, games, visualization, print and web.
- Michael Blackbourn, lead 3D artist, The Embassy Visual Effects – "Iron Man" (feature film)
- Jason McKinley, owner, executive producer, and Matt Zeyn, lead animator, VFX supervisor, Radical 3D – "Animal Armageddon" and "Dog Fights" (TV programs)
- Dane Smith, producer, and Aristomenis Tsirbas, director, MeniThings – "Terra" (animated feature film)
- Dan Ablan, president, AGA Digital Studios, Inc – commercial project for United Airlines
- Eric Durst, principal, and Kevin Cahill, principal, Luminetik – "Kuriosity" (feature film); videogame feature TBD
- Dustin Adair, animation lead, Radical 3D – "We Were Centurions" (animated short) and "Bad Bad Bots" (video game)
Please visit www.newtek.com/shows/siggraph/2008/index.php
for dates and times.
Pricing and Availability
LightWave v9 is available now at the suggested retail price of US$895. LightWave v9.5 will be available as a free update to registered LightWave v9 owners. Registered owners of LightWave v8 or earlier can upgrade to LightWave v9 for US$395. For more information or to purchase, please visit newtek.com or call NewTek Sales at 800-368-5441, for international inquiries dial +1-210-370-8000.
With headquarters in San Antonio, Texas, NewTek is an Emmy® Award-winning and leading provider of full-featured animation and special effects tools, video editing, live production and presentation, including LightWave 3D®, LightWave Rendition™ for Adobe® Photoshop®, TriCaster™, TriCaster PRO™, TriCaster STUDIO™, TriCaster BROADCAST™, VT™, SpeedEDIT™ and 3D Arsenal.™