(Oxford, UK--October 24, 2008) VICON, developer of Academy Award®-winning motion capture systems, today announced the VICON T10 Camera. With the release of this new 1 Megapixel camera, VICON is extending the benefits of its latest T-Series camera range at a reduced price point.
The newly designed T10 camera replaces the VICON MX3+ as VICON's entry level camera, offering three times the resolution along with faster performance, 3D on-board tracking, backwards compatibility and new high powered strobes that increase camera range and detail. The T10 is a 1 Megapixel camera that enables users to capture finer details in larger volumes, and with GigE Ethernet, data streaming is 10 times faster than with the previous MX3 system.
Key new camera features include:
- 1 Megapixel at 250 FPS-use smaller markers to capture finer detail in larger volumes.
- Smarter Networking-GigE Ethernet streams data 10 times faster at 1000Mb per second.
- Super Sampling-reduces the effort required to fix misidentified markers when they're moving fast.
- 2D Onboard Tracking-Camera hardware processes 2D tracking from marker trajectories, ensuring better reconstruction data in real time.
- Backwards Compatibility-The T-Series has been designed to work with previous model VICON MX cameras.
- High Power Strobe-All T-Series strobes use a new design LED matrix available as either visible red or near infrared LEDs.
- New Camera Design-Sleek new camera design can be fitted with a wide range of lenses including 8.5mm, 9mm and 12.5 mm lenses.
"The new T10 Camera delivers a robust motion capture solution for body or facial performance that is very easy to set up and use," said Robin Pengelly, Senior Vice President, Entertainment Division, VICON. "It's ideal for customers who require the fidelity and power of a VICON T-Series system but are working in smaller studio spaces."
About VICON Academy Award®-winning VICON is the world's largest supplier of precision motion tracking systems, serving customers and CG animation applications in film, visual effects, computer games, and broadcast television, as well as engineering and life science industries. VICON operates in four offices worldwide, including its Los Angeles-based Entertainment headquarters, a 26,000 square-foot facility equipped with three performance capture stages for VICON's service company House of Moves as well as over 250 VICON F40 cameras.
VICON is the largest holding of OMG (Oxford Metrics Group - LSE: OMG), plc., a group of technology companies that produces image understanding solutions for the entertainment, defense, life science and engineering markets. Other holdings include Emmy Award®-winning 2d3 and newly founded Geospatial Vision Ltd.
VICON's and OMG's global clients include: life science leaders University of Pennsylvania, the VA Hospitals, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Titleist Golf, National Pitching Association; engineering industry leaders Ford, BMW, Airbus, Lockheed, Pratt-Whitney, NASA, Caterpillar, International Truck, and Toyota; and entertainment companies Sony Pictures Imageworks, Sony Computer Entertainment, Industrial Light and Magic, Sega, Nintendo, Ubisoft, Vivendi, Electronic Arts, Square Enix and many others. For more information about OMG and its subsidiaries, visit www.omg3d.com
, or www.2d3.com