(Paris, France--April 3, 2009) Dimension 3, the world's leading festival for professionals involved in 3D stereoscopic production, post and display, will take place in Paris, France, from 2 – 4 June 2009.
Now in its third year, Dimension 3 will again be the crucial meeting-point for performers, technical and business professionals who create 3D stereo content for cinema, TV, video games, home entertainment, communications and training – underlining its position as the No.1 forum on the calendar for the 3D industry.
This year, Dimension 3 will take place at the National Dance Centre (Centre National de la Danse), Pantin, in the Seine-Saint-Denis region of Paris, an area that strongly supports 3D research and production.
For three days, visitors and exhibitors will discover the latest innovations in 3D stereo, whilst also evaluating the maturity of current creation and visualization solutions dedicated to the 3D imagery, and their diverse applications.
More than 60 international experts will gather at the International Forum dedicated to 3D images, to discuss technological, creative and economic matters in a series of illuminating Dimension 3 Lectures and Masterclasses. Details to be release soon.
A new feature this year's Dimension 3 will be a space for professional 3D producers to present their 3D creations and technical know-how. There will also be a brand new Immersion Area showcasing cutting-edge 3D stereo experimentation in video games, telecommunications and business marketing tools. The Immersion Area provides a unique opportunity to discover, test and try all of today's 3D novelties, that could become tomorrow's commercial essentials.
Dimension 3, third edition, will continue its entertaining and educational ambitions with an absorbing exhibition about the history of 3D technologies. Dimension 3 will also offer bilingual (French/English) training programmes and support for the development of 3D content with a Writing Talent Grant.
SUPPORTERS FOR DIMENSION 3 2009:
Companies already supporting Dimension 3 2009 include: 3D Revolution, Assimilate, Attitude Studio, Auditoire, Autodesk, BskyB, Color Code, Dassault Systems, Digimage Cinema, Dolby, Doremi Cinema, Eutelsat, The Foundry, Imax, Inition, In-Three, Iridas, Iz3D, Futuroscope, Mercenaries Engineering, Panasonic, Principal Large Format, Samsung, Sensio, SMPTE, Tempere University of Technology, Thomson and Xpand.
KEY FIGURES FROM DIMENSION 3 2008 :
- 325 professional visitors (up 62% from the first edition)
- 3,900 viewers at the public screenings (50% up from the first edition)
- 8 hours of 3D programs
- Special Premieres of Hannah Montana and Scar 3-D
- Over 25 exhibitors in 3D audio-visual, cinema, games, display and digital signage
- Over 50 expert speakers
- 150 attendees every day at the professional conferences
- 20 participants on the training course on 3D production (AFDAScertified training)
THE STATE OF THE 3D INDUSTRY :
- In France, screenings of the 3D version of Journey To The Center Of The Earth attracted four times more viewers than the 2D version
- Over 10,000 theatres in the USA will feature digital projectors by 2011
- Over 13 feature films in 3D are scheduled for release in 2009-2010 (including Spielberg's Tintin and James Cameron's Avatar)
For further information please visit http://www.dimension3-expo.com
Dimension 3 is supported by the Conseil Général of the Seine-Saint-Denis and is organised by Seine Saint-Denis Avenir – an agency for the economic development of the Seine Saint-Denis –in partnership with Avance Rapide Communication.