(Marlborough, Massachusetts--April 20, 2009) Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced Boris Continuum Complete 6 Sparks for Autodesk Effects and Finishing Systems (BCC 6 Sparks). Based on the Autodesk Sparks plug-in architecture, BCC 6 Sparks brings nearly 180 filters to Autodesk Smoke, Autodesk Inferno, Autodesk Flame, and Autodesk Flint systems.
The release features over 20 new filters including Pixel Fixer, DV Fixer, and Smooth Tone tools, Swish Pan, Lens Blur, Cartoon Look, Pencil Sketch, and Water Color effects, and OpenGL-accelerated effects such as Lightning, Prism, Scanline, and Tile Mosaic.
“Boris Continuum Complete 6 Sparks packs a vast array of features that are difficult to find with other plug-in suites,” commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. “Tough economic times call for top-performing, yet affordable solutions. BCC 6 Sparks delivers on both fronts.”
New BCC 6 Sparks Feature Highlights
- XML-based Animatable Presets are now compatible across all Boris Continuum Complete host applications, including Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, and Linux-based Autodesk effects and finishing systems. Effects can be animated offline and saved for future application in any supported host application.
- New Fast-rendering OpenGL Filters such as Lightning, Prism, Scanline, and Tile Mosaic.
- Pixel Fixer removes bad pixels resulting from a faulty digital camera sensor or dust on a camera lens. Up to ten bad spots can be repaired with a single filter application - without any degradation of image quality or sharpness.
- Smooth Tone is an “electronic makeup” method that automatically smoothes or softens human skin tones while preserving detail contrast, making skin silky-smooth without loss of sharpness in the image.
- Other New Effects include Swish Pan, Lens Blur, Charcoal Sketch, Pencil Sketch, Water Color, Cartoon Look, a Swish Pan transition filter, and DV Fixer for removal of jaggies from an image clip.
- Significant Performance Gains. Every BCC 6 Sparks filter is either OpenGL-based or multiprocessor-accelerated for ultimate rendering speed.
Pricing and Availability
Boris Continuum Complete 6 for Autodesk Effects and Finishing Systems will be available in June 2009 for an MSRP of $2,495 USD. Owners of previous versions of BCC Sparks may upgrade for an MSRP of $595 USD. Customers who buy BCC 5 Sparks now will receive a free upgrade to BCC 6 Sparks when it is available.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for the broadcast, post production, film and multimedia markets. Boris products have grown to serve over 200,000 artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading manufacturers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, Media 100, and Sony.