(Montréal, Canada--April 28, 2009) Toon Boom Animation Inc. today announced the release of Service Pack 1 (SP1) for both Storyboard 1.5 and Storyboard Pro 1.5.
In addition to several product enhancements and performance improvements, this Service Pack includes:
- A new Optimize project command to remove unused elements and compress drawings or flatten all drawings in the project
- The possibility to create one-frame panels
- The possibility to apply commands and operations to a selection of panels, such as Reset camera, rename scene, Copy and paste camera position.
- The possibility to select layers throughout a selection of panels allowing many alterations, such as show/hide, rename and flip.
- New options to export projects in PDF format
- New commands to allow camera positions and moves to be copied and pasted
- New Save Project option for Mac OS X
- New Panel navigation preferences
In addition, the PRO package gets:
- Improved capability to import Final Draft script
- The possibility to optimize the bitmap export
- New options to export to Movie
Current Toon Boom Storyboard 1.5 and Storyboard Pro 1.5 customers can download SP1 for free from toonboom.com
, from their My Products page.
About Toon Boom Animation Inc.
Toon Boom Animation Inc. (toonboom.com
) is the worldwide leader in animation software solutions. Toon Boom carries user-friendly animation applications for all and develops new geographies to make the animation community as global as can be. In that market segment, Toon Boom caters to the needs of children, home users, creative professionals as well as students, educators and schools.
As importantly, Toon Boom is fully dedicated to the needs of independent animators and studios, offering a wide product range from powerful pre-production tools to leading-edge animation production solutions. Relying on its extensive expertise in animation production, Toon Boom provides consulting services in the fields of optimization, pipeline integration, production assistance and custom development.
In 2005, Toon Boom was granted the Primetime Emmy® Engineering Award by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for its significant contribution made to the animation industry targeted for television. In 2006, the IT Federation of Quebec (FIQ) awarded an OCTAS 2006 in the Multimedia - educational and cultural sector category, for Toon Boom Studio. In 2007, FIQ awarded an OCTAS 2007 in the Technological Innovation category, for Toon Boom Storyboard Pro.
Toon Boom's client base ranges from major studios creating Hollywood blockbuster animated films to individual animators creating their first masterpieces. Market-leading studios using Toon Boom's products include Nelvana, Warner Bros., Mercury Filmworks, China Central Television, Toonz Animation India, eMation, Rough Draft Korea, Alphanim, Cosgrove Hall, Cromosoma and Enarmonia, to name a few. Some of the prestigious productions done with Toon Boom’s technology include Les Triplettes de Belleville, Looney Tunes: Back in Action, The Rugrats, SpongeBob The Movie, Curious George, Go West: A New Lucky Luke Adventure
and Simpsons The Movie