(Marlborough, Massachusetts--February 2, 2010) Boris FX , the leading developer of integrated effects technology for video and film, today announced Boris Job Slate, a new Apple Final Cut Pro plug-in that automatically creates commercial slates based on XML files received from the Ad-ID advertising identification and management system. Boris Job Slate saves production time and reduces operator error by eliminating the need for manual text entry with a standard text tool.
"Boris Text Generators have been a part of Final Cut Pro for many years," commented Boris Yamnitsky, president and founder, Boris FX. "Boris Job Slate builds on the strength of our vector text and XML technology. Any user of the Title 3D or Title Crawl tools bundled with Final Cut Pro will instantly be familiar with Boris Job Slate's interface and tools."
Boris Job Slate Feature Highlights
- Automated Commercial Slate Creation. Boris Job Slate imports Ad-ID XML files, automatically parses the data, and creates a commercial slate, eliminating the need for manual data entry.
- Customizable Text. The text style, text layout, font type, and font size can be fully customized in the Boris Job Slate text window. Changes to the actual text are never saved, preserving data integrity and avoiding inadvertent changes to the imported Ad-ID information.
- Custom Backdrops. Use pre-installed backgrounds or create custom image plates.
- Global Adjustment of Size and Position of Text. Move entire text objects relative to the background and change their scale using Final Cut Pro controls.
- Watch Folder. Boris Job Slate includes a Watch Folder feature to assist clients in locating Ad-ID XML files that are not found in their default location.
"Boris FX is a recognized leader among plug-in developers," commented Harold Geller, Managing Director, Ad-ID. "We are thrilled to rely on their expertise in diverse video editing platforms to help our customers automate the advertising coding process."
"In today's digital environment, the ability to make slates using data from the Ad-ID database will support the workflow immensely," commented Matt Miller, President and CEO, Association of Independent Commercial Producers (AICP). "It makes sense that those producing and editing advertising in the motion image have the ability to seamlessly integrate the information."
Pricing and Availability
Boris Job Slate is immediately available through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX web site at http://www.borisfx.com
for an MSRP of $199 USD per license. A full-functioning 14-day trial version is available for free download. Volume licensing is available.
Boris Job Slate for Avid, Adobe, and Autodesk systems will be available in the future.
Ad-ID is the only advertising asset coding system supported and authorized by the American Association of Advertising Agencies (4A's) and the Association of National Advertisers (ANA) across all media. It is guaranteed to be globally unique and has more than 70 metadata fields, including: advertiser, product, brand, ad title, medium, agency, and length / size. Ad-ID is a flexible metadata model that can integrate requirements of any media, and provides Web services that enable the easy retrieval of data by authorized users. There are currently over 800 advertisers, including 70 of the top 100 in the United States, signed up for Ad-ID.
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is the leading developer of integrated graphics and effects technology, delivering 3D compositing and vector graphic products for broadcast, post-production, film, and multimedia. Boris products have grown to serve millions of artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers such as Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, and Sony.