(Boston, Massachusetts--June 11, 2010) Noise Industries, developer of visual effects tools for the post-production and broadcast markets, today announced the release of development partner PHYX Inc.'s latest plug-in, PHYX Cleaner, for the FxFactory® platform.
Designed to work inside After Effects®, Final Cut Pro®, Apple Motion® and Apple Final Cut® Express applications, the new PHYX Cleaner plug-in provides digital artists and editors with an advanced palette of tools for repairing and enhancing the visual quality of raw digital footage.
PHYX Cleaner's flawless video enhancement regimen includes the ability to effectively rebuild pixelated chroma (color) channels, restore lost information in gradients while increasing effective color depth, convert fields into progressive comb-free frames, buff-out skin blemishes, and quickly remove high and low frequency jagged noise. 3D artists and filmmakers can also breathe new life into 3D images by converting harsh 8-bit images to high-bit depth smoothness.
"We are thrilled to continue our successful collaboration with the powerful FxFactory platform, and pleased to present digital artists and editors with an effective tool for attaining stunning video quality," says Justin Bendo, President and CEO, PHYX Inc. "Working with raw digital footage can be extremely time consuming, requiring hours of touch-ups in the edit room. With PHYX Cleaner, artists and editors can significantly reduce the amount of time spent working with raw footage, quickly turning flawed film into a visual masterpiece. From repairing chroma channels, to increasing effective color depth, to removing unwanted noise without losing the details, PHYX Cleaner noticeably enhances image quality of any raw digital footage."
"As one of our most newest development partners, PHYX Inc. has rolled out an impressive number of creative plug-ins for the visual effects community in such a short amount of time," says Niclas Bahn, director of business development, Noise Industries. "PHYX Cleaner is an extraordinary tool for patching up gritty footage and gives users a quick way to efficiently transform disappointing tape into flawless film. We look forward to the on-going success of FxFactory and PHYX Inc. visual effects plug-ins, and providing creative community with a touch of originality in each new release."
PHYX Cleaner Feature Highlights
PHYX Cleaner includes 5 distinctive tools for repairing and enhancing the image quality of raw digital footage:
- Chroma Reconstructor: Rebuilds pixelated chroma (color) channels. Chroma issues are most obvious when keying green or blue screens, or viewing a colorful object (red coat, etc.). The Reconstructor repairs blocky colors, and removes unwanted sub-sampling artifacts.
- Deband: Restores lost information in gradients, and increases effective color depth up to 32-bits per color. Deband also works wonders for making 3D-generated images look less artificial, and for converting harsh low-bit depth images to high-bit depth smoothness.
- Deinterlace: Converts fields into progressive frames free of comb-like artifacts using field reconstruction and Optical Flow.
- Digital Make Up Kit: Allows users to smooth skin blemishes in post-production. This unique tool detects properly lit skin tones, and smoothes wrinkles, acne, and more.
- Fast Noise Reduction: Spatial noise reduction engine that quickly removes high and low frequency noise (fine and large noise) from images. Fast Noise Reduction also includes a powerful sharpening method similar to that used by NASA, to preserve fine details.
Availability and Pricing of PHYX Cleaner
PHYX Cleaner is available for $199 USD via the Noise Industries website (http://www.noiseindustries.com). A trial version is also included with the standard FxFactory installer.
Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Studio and Apple Final Cut Express users can also sample hundreds of other FxFactory plug-ins by downloading the free trial version of FxFactory from: http://www.noiseindustries.com/fxfactory
About PHYX Inc.
PHYX Incorporated is a privately held U.S. corporation. Its principles have been developing custom tools for Visual Effects since 2002. In 2007, Phyx Inc. brought its first collection of tools to the public.
PHYX Inc. continues to create its visual effects tools with the involvement and guidance of professionals from Industrial Light and Magic (ILM), WETA Digital, Digital Domain, Sony Imageworks, Pixar, and other studios. To learn more, please visit: http://www.phyxware.com
About Noise Industries, LLC
Established in 2004, Boston, Massachusetts-based Noise Industries is an innovative developer of visual effects tools for the postproduction and broadcast community. Its products are integrated with popular non-linear editing and compositing products from Apple and Adobe.
For more information about Noise Industries, please visit: http://www.noiseindustries.com/