(San Jose, California--August 11, 2010) Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase its comprehensive portfolio of solutions for contribution, video stream processing, distribution and multi-screen delivery at two industry events in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Harmonic will exhibit at the ABTA Exhibition & Conference August 10-12 in booth #F10, and booth #D20 at the SET 2010 Broadcast & Cable Show taking place August 25-27.
Key demonstrations at Harmonic’s ABTA booth include
At SET, Harmonic will feature
- Industry-leading cable edge and access solutions including Harmonic’s high density NSG™ 9000 edgeQAM, PWRBlazer™ nodes, and the SUPRALink™ family of 1550 nm DWDM transmitter modules for advanced broadband networks
- Harmonic’s ProStream™ 4000 real-time transcoder, part of the MediaPrism™ converged suite of multi-screen solutions for delivery of Internet television, 3G/4G mobile and broadcast mobile TV services
- Latest-generation video and stream processing solutions including the market-leading Electra® 8000 multi-channel HD/SD MPEG-2/AVC encoder with integrated statistical multiplexing and Jünger Level Magic automatic audio level adjustment, and ProStream 1000 with ACE™ any-to-any transcoding
- Low-delay contribution and distribution for satellite newsgathering with Harmonic’s Ellipse™ contribution encoders and ProView™ integrated receiver/decoders (IRD)
- Harmonic’s recently introduced Distribution Management System for over-the-air (OTA) in-band control of content distribution network elements
- Internet and mobile TV powered by the ProStream 4000 transcoder
- Harmonic’s cost-effective, high quality ISDB-T solution based on the market-leading Electra 8000 and ProView 7000 IRD
- “Harmonic is continuing to increase our local staffing and investment in the Latin America region to support our growing customer base, which includes many of Latin America’s leading broadcast, cable, satellite and telco IPTV service providers,” said Richard Phelps, Vice President of Caribbean and Latin America Sales for Harmonic. “Operators can rely on Harmonic’s broad suite of video contribution, distribution, processing, transformation and delivery solutions, including ISDB-T compatible products, to facilitate the cost-effective launch of mobile video, Internet TV and superior quality HDTV.”
About Harmonic Inc.
Harmonic Inc. is redefining video delivery with the industry’s most powerful solutions for delivering live and on-demand video to TVs, PCs and mobile devices. Harmonic’s technical innovation and market leadership enable the company to offer a unique and comprehensive solution portfolio—including encoding, transcoding, content preparation, stream processing, asset management, edge processing, and delivery. Broadcast, cable, Internet, mobile, satellite and telecom service providers around the world choose Harmonic’s IP-based digital video, software, and broadband edge and access solutions. Using these award-winning and industry-leading solutions, operators can reduce costs and differentiate their services by offering consumers a higher quality, personalized multi-screen experience.
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is headquartered in San Jose, California with R&D, sales and system integration centers worldwide. The company’s customers, including many of the world’s largest communications providers, deliver services in virtually every country. Visit http://www.harmonicinc.com
for more information.