(San Rafael, California--March 31, 2011) Autodesk, Inc. will participate in the NAB Show, the premier digital media industry event in Las Vegas, April 11-14, 2011. Autodesk will showcase its recently launched 2012 Digital Entertainment Creation software for animation, visual effects, editorial finishing and color grading for commercial, film and broadcast postproduction.
Digital artists will be able to connect with Autodesk at NAB booth SL2120, as well as virtually on AREA — the Autodesk digital entertainment and visualization community with a quarter of a million unique visitors monthly. Customer and product demonstrations and exclusive video coverage will be streamed live from the Autodesk booth or available on demand on AREA.
Autodesk Workflows and Product Showcase
At booth SL2120, Autodesk will show how its comprehensive, connected Digital Entertainment Creation toolsets can maximize creative capability and value in an efficient, modern pipeline which enables digital artists to produce higher-quality graphics, commercials and promos as they exchange 3D data from previs to post. Presentations will feature new 3D relighting tools for next-generation look development, a holistic stereoscopic 3D pipeline that includes real-time stereo grading, 3D re-dimensionalization and 3D visual effects, streamlined workflows for computer graphic–intensive finishing and the productivity benefits of all-in-one editorial finishing on the Mac.
The following Autodesk 2012 Digital Entertainment Creation products will be featured at the booth
Autodesk Customer Showcase
- Autodesk Flame Premium 2012— Autodesk’s ultimate finishing solution for real-time color grading and 3D visual effects
- Autodesk Flare -- a powerful 3D node-based compositing assistant to Autodesk Flame and Flame Premium
- Autodesk Smoke 2012 — an all-in-one editorial finishing tool for the Mac
- Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite 2012 and Autodesk 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite 2012 — software for creating sophisticated motion graphics, computer animation and visual effects
- Vico Sharabani, independent VFX Supervisor and Flame artist, will present his latest work for Psyop using Flame.
- Taylor Vavra of Just Add Water, a New York postproduction editorial boutique, will present recent work created with Smoke.
- David Crites from Glyph Corp will demonstrate how he uses Smoke for Mac and Autodesk Maya to create multi-screen and unique format projects.
Autodesk will present demonstrations at Autodesk booth SL2120 on Tuesday, April 12, from 4:00–5:00 p.m. PST in Japanese and from 5:00-6:00 p.m. PST in Spanish.
Autodesk Smoke for Mac OS X: Free Hands-on Training at NAB 2011
With support from AJA Video Systems and Intel, Autodesk will provide free 60-minute Smoke for Mac training sessions in a supervised environment. These introductory sessions are ideal for digital artists and editors who want to learn more about Smoke and will be held at the Post Production World, Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Room N243. Preregister here: ( http://smokemacnab2011.autodeskevents.net
Daily Schedule: Monday, April 11, and Tuesday, April 12. View registration link above for details.
Autodesk thanks its strategic partners AJA Video Systems, HP, Intel and NVIDIA for supporting Autodesk’s NAB 2011 activities. Autodesk software will be featured at the following booths:
- AJA Video Systems booth SL4420: Autodesk Smoke 2012 for Mac OS X
- NVIDIA booth SL2728: Autodesk Smoke 2012 for Mac OS X
- Intel booth SU823: Autodesk 3ds Max 2012
For more information about Autodesk's latest product releases for Digital Entertainment Creation, visit http://www.autodesk.com/me
and Autodesk blogs on AREA. Autodesk continues to support sustainable initiatives through its booth — 90 percent of which is made of recyclable materials, reused elements or eco-responsible components — and by reducing printed product literature and handouts through the use of quick response (QR) codes on the booth and in digital signage. For real-time updates on Autodesk Media & Entertainment software, follow the company on http://www.twitter.com/autodesk_me
, like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/autodeskME
and watch us on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/autodesk