(Nevada City, California--April 5, 2011) Telestream®, the leading provider of digital media tools and workflow solutions, today unveiled Vantage® Enterprise system management products which offer a high level of visibility and deep level of control for large-scale or mission-critical workflows.
Telestream’s award-winning Vantage® server-based software workflow products automate content ingest, video file interoperability, multi-channel distribution, and other video production workflows for content owners and creators, broadcast, cable and new media companies.
“Vantage Enterprise system management products are the first major development to evolve from our acquisition of Anystream last year which brought together the best of both companies,” said Barbara DeHart, vice president of Marketing at Telestream. “Vantage now combines Anystream’s proven expertise in large-scale media production and system management with Telestream’s market-leading video transcoding and workflow products to enable companies to capture new markets and optimize video content value.”
Vantage workflow products unify video capture, transcoding, analysis, metadata processing, delivery and notification into a single, managed, future-proof, workflow framework. Vantage automates workflows that include best-of-breed solutions from multiple vendors and provides the ability to unify these solutions into managed, real-time decision-based, video workflows. Vantage Enterprise system management products are available in two configurations that enable truly scalable, predictable, resilient workflow environments.
Vantage® Enterprise Control is a workflow management layer and suite of tools that maximizes workflow capacity, resiliency, throughput and reliability for large-scale or mission-critical applications. Vantage Enterprise Control includes Vantage Array capability for binding Vantage workflow products together, and also provides:
- Customizable load-balancing – enables more efficient hardware utilization, dynamically employing the best resources available, adapting to fluctuations in processing or media loads, and enabling a smaller server footprint. Doing more with fewer servers means less hardware, rack space, power and cooling is required, plus less chance for failure, and the ability to recover more efficiently.
- Fully redundant failover of all systems and services – ensures that any node can perform any service at any time.
- User-configurable automated task retry and failover – enables greater reliability, workflow predictability, and reduced overhead for recovery from environmental failures.
- Team Manager – allows users to create custom web job status views, and the ability to manage multiple internal clients and groups across the enterprise with user access control to Vantage.
- Workflow analytics – displays real-time and historical workflow execution, allowing for bottleneck analysis, workflow optimization and tracking of batch jobs throughout the process.
Vantage® Master Control is a higher-tier workflow management layer that adds visibility and management of complex video workflows and allows a unified ecosystem for multi-vendor products with centralized process control and monitoring. Vantage Master Control includes all the capabilities of Vantage Enterprise Control plus:
- System Dashboard – provides browser-based graphical visibility of system status, health and performance, and allows easy local or remote visual monitoring of system health.
- Historical reports – user-configurable job history reporting provides report generation for billing, system utilization, and capacity planning.
- Third-party monitoring and control – provides support for Vantage workflow products, as well as other products, including Agility and other Telestream and third-party products in the future.
A bridge between Vantage and Agility 2G is also being unveiled at NAB. Vantage LCS offers Agility 2G customers a bridge to Vantage, making the unique capabilities of Vantage available within an Agility 2G-controlled environment. Vantage LCS allows Agility 2G customers to take advantage of Vantage transcoding, automated analysis and decision-making, automated QC, and visual workflow design.
New features being unveiled at the NAB Show for Vantage workflow products include support for the ever-growing number of video and audio formats, wrappers and systems. Adaptive Streaming encoding support plus industry-first Apple ProRes encoding support is now available for Windows Server OS workflows. Enhanced professional system format support includes Leitch IMX encoding, Omneon QuickTime IMX encoding, Ikegami GF camera MXF file decoding, creation of QuickTime files with XDCAM HD video, QuickTime 608 and 708 caption encoding and decoding, plus EVS DNxHD and DVCProHD. Additional Avid support includes Avid Interplay 2.3 for Send to Playback and Transfer Engine, AVC-Intra video support for Transfer Engine, and native generation of AAF and OpAtom MXF files.
Additional U.S. broadcast regulatory compliance features in Vantage workflow products include 608 to 708 up-conversion, generation of SCC files and timed text XML files from incoming content, EBU R-128 audio analysis, AFD analysis and caption analysis. New Vantage Analysis capabilities include frame accurate calculation of content duration for all supported input file types, and aspect ratio flag detection from headers in MXF, QuickTime, GXF, LXF, plus Program Stream and Transport Stream file types.
Vantage Enterprise system management products and other new features will be demonstrated at the NAB Show in Las Vegas April 11-14 at Telestream booth SL3309 and available from Telestream’s worldwide network of direct sales and distributors in June 2011. More information about Telestream and Vantage is available at http://www.telestream.net