(NAB Show - Booth #C11001--April 11, 2011) Sony Creative Software, a leading provider of professional video and audio editing applications, today announced the availability of Vegas™ Pro 10.0d. The award-winning NLE now includes improved closed captioning options, comprehensive 3D solutions, support for AMD's ATI graphics chipsets using OpenCL™ as well as an improved track group workflow.
Vegas Pro 10.0d's enhanced closed captioning support now provides broadcast editors with the ability to read and write closed captioning embedded in MPEG-2, enabling a unified workflow for EIA-608, EIA-708 and MXF delivery options. Furthering the software's superior editing flexibility, Vegas Pro 10.0d incorporates timeline burning to full-frame 3D Blu-ray Discs. These updates allow media creators to efficiently produce and quickly prepare content for DVD and 3D Blu-ray titles and deliver compelling content for broadcast and broadband distribution, theatrical releases and YouTube™ 3D.
"Sony Creative Software continues to innovate with industry-leading solutions for creative professionals who work with closed captioning and 3D technology," said Dave Chaimson, vice president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software. "The new enhancements in Vegas Pro 10.0d, especially the OpenCL render improvements to support the AMD ATI graphic chipsets, provide cutting edge tools that equip industry professionals with improved capabilities to produce quality work at a greater efficiency."
Vegas Pro 10.0d expands its GPU accelerated AVC encoding support to video editing professionals using AMD ATI graphics chipsets which support OpenCL, the open standard for parallel programming of heterogeneous systems. This new feature enables faster project rendering in many cases when using the Sony AVC encoder for a more efficient workflow. Additional updates include MVC and MPO 3D file format compatibility from Sony cameras including TD10, NX3D1, TD300 and the Alpha and NEX series, providing users with added support for advanced camera and media technologies.
"We are very encouraged to see that Sony Creative Software has adopted OpenCL™ standards and support for AMD Fusion technology to enable powerful solutions to meet the ever-growing demands of creative professionals," said Manju Hegde, corporate vice president, AMD Fusion Experience Program (NYSE:AMD). "At AMD we believe that industry standards like OpenCL are key to advancing innovation, helping creative professionals to rely on and fully leverage available computing power on a common industry platform to bring inspiration to reality."
New Features in Vegas™ Pro 10.0d
- GPU Accelerated AVC Encoding Support Expanded to AMD - Adds support for users with AMD ATI graphics chipsets which support OpenCL to use the Sony AVC encoder for faster project rendering
- 3D MVC and MPO File Format Support - Additional native support for emerging MVC and MPO 3D file formats provides continued functionality with cutting edge camera and media technology (Sony cameras that support these formats include: TD10, NX3D1, TD300, and the Alpha and NEX series)
- 3D Blu-ray Disc Timeline Burning - New burning capability allows users to burn full HD 3D Blu-ray Discs onto BD-R/BD-RE media, providing editors with a complete ingest, edit and delivery option for 3D media
- Support for the XDCAM PMW-500 Camera - Supports both optical (XDCAM Optical) and memory (XDCAM EX) formats
- Enhanced Closed Captioning - Improved closed caption integration allows users to read and write closed captioning embedded within MPEG2 streams, enabling a common workflow for CEA-608, CEA-708 and MXF delivery options
- Improved Track Grouping Workflow - Improvements to track grouping include new mute/solo technology to help users isolate and work with specific tracks while mixing
Price and Availability
Vegas Pro 10.0d will be available for download in late April at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com
and is free for existing registered Vegas Pro 10 users, or $249.95 for owners of Vegas Pro 9 or prior. Vegas Pro 10.0d is also available for purchase at retailers worldwide for a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of U.S. $699.95. Localized French, German, Spanish and Japanese versions are also available.
About Sony Creative Software
Sony Creative Software inspires artistic expression with its award-winning line of products for digital video, audio, and music production, as well as industry-leading technology for DVD production and Blu-ray Disc™ authoring. Sound Forge™ Pro, ACID™Pro, and Vegas™Pro software have defined digital content creation for a generation of creative professionals. These signature product lines continue to advance media production by providing powerful, accessible tools. Today, there is a Sony Creative Software application for every level of expertise, including a full line of consumer software based on the company's professional applications. In addition, Sony Creative Software produces the extensive Sony® Sound Series collection of royalty-free loops and samples, Sony Pictures Sound Effects Series exclusive sound effects, and Vision Series video creation assets. Further, the company provides the industry-leading tools for enterprise-level Blu-ray Disc™ authoring: Blu-code™ encoder, Dualstream 3D™ MVC encoder, Z Depth™ 3D subtitle editing application, and Blu-print® software. The company's customers span the globe and include professionals in the film, television, video game, and recording industries, as well as students, educators, and hobbyists. For more information about professional and consumer products, visit http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com