(NAB 2011--April 10, 2011) Quantel launched Mission 2 at NAB 2011 - its second generation integrated Media Asset Management system for the market-leading Enterprise sQ system. Mission 2 is more open, more accessible and more capable.
Here's what's new in Mission 2:
At the heart of Mission 2 is Mission MediaCenter - a browser-based application built on Microsoft Silverlight technology that provides easier access to and greater control of media assets. Silverlight allows much greater customisation of the interface, opens up new workflow possibilities and provides more detailed feedback to the user. Because MediaCenter is browser-based, operators can log on from any computer and access every media management function they require:
- Search - choice of three search modes, with handy shortcuts to media via new Workfolders
- Browse - for viewing video, keyframes and metadata for all assets, both in the Enterprise sQ system and Archive
- Edit - annotate and edit detailed clip metadata
- Automate - Launch transfer processes to or from the Archive and deliver content for the Web, iPhone/iPad or any file-based destination
- Organise - an Action Basket like a 'shopping cart' for clip destinations, with various 'checkout' options
Mission 2 brings the benefits of Quantel's integrated MAM to Chinese, Japanese and Korean users with Unicode support for double byte character sets. Now everyone can take advantage of the powerful media asset management toolset, tight integration with Enterprise sQ and multi-platform delivery that Mission 2 offers.
Web Services interface
Mission 2 has a brand new Web Services interface to enable transparent exchange of assets with third party systems. Mission MediaCenter is the first application to take advantage of this development and more Web Services enabled functions will be released in the future.
- Allows MediaCenter users to mark up a segment of an archived clip and ingest only that selection. This makes restoring from archive much faster; for example, restoring just the 10 seconds around a soccer goal rather than the whole game.
- Enterprise sQ scales to any size and so does Mission. Multi-zone support will allow individual departments to manage their own assets and exchange and repurpose content quickly and easily.
Import planning metadata
- Mission 2 already offers sophisticated metadata entry, searching and editing. This new Web Services interface will allow Mission to assign metadata imported from a scheduling system to any asset.
"Enterprise sQ has real momentum in the market," said Martin Mulligan, Quantel Sales and Marketing Director. "Mission 2 will help us build that momentum even more by providing easier access to and greater control of media assets."
Mission 2 is available now.