(Burlington, Massachusetts--October 4, 2011) Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID) today announced the release of the Fast Track® C400 and Fast Track C600—the next generation of the best-selling M-Audio® Fast Track line of USB interfaces. Extending Avid’s legacy of providing best-in-class solutions for customers of all skill levels—from advanced professionals to students and beginners—the new Fast Track C-series delivers exceptional audio quality plus hands-on controls for a superior user experience. The interfaces are available bundled with studio-standard Pro Tools® MP software or as standalone units.
Sporting a new, desktop-friendly, ergonomic design, the new Fast Track C-series interfaces combine multiple solutions into one by incorporating a studio-quality audio interface, unique hands-on controls, and an integrated monitor management system. The end result is a new generation of music creation solutions that empower musicians to deliver better quality recordings in less time.
- All-new industrial design maximizes desktop space while providing hands-on access to key controls.
- An assignable Multi button delivers hands-on software control, enabling musicians to maintain the creative flow (Fast Track C600 also features re-assignable transport controls).
- Superior converters, redesigned analog signal paths, and 24-bit/96 kHz audio fidelity ensure recordings will sound amazing.
- Intuitive monitor management system enables musicians to compare their mixes on multiple sets of studio monitors—confirming mixes translate well.
- Onboard MX Core DSP technology supplies reverb and delay on headphone outputs, inspiring great performances and delivering low-latency monitoring without taxing the host computer.
- Each interface is available as a bundle with industry-leading Pro Tools MP software, or standalone for use with other popular audio software.
"Our product designers met directly with our customers, looked at how they create their recordings, and constructed a desktop unit that would truly be the centerpiece of a home studio," said Tanguy Leborgne, Avid vice president, creative enthusiasts product management (check his title). "With the Fast Track C-Series, musicians get an interface, hands-on controls, and a monitor management system – all in one lightweight, portable unit with incredible audio fidelity and performance specs. These exciting releases make it simpler than ever to transform ideas into professional-quality music by putting more control at your fingertips, giving you the freedom to make music at the speed of your creativity."
Availability and Pricing
Fast Track C400 and C600 are available now for $309.95 and $499.95 USD respectively, and include Pro Tools SE streamlined music creation software. Pro Tools MP + Fast Track C400 is available for $499.95. Pro Tools MP + Fast Track C600 is available for $699.95. To learn more about the Fast Track C-series visit http://www.m-audio.com
. For purchasing inquiries, please visit the Avid Store.
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world – from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, television shows, live concert tours and news broadcasts, to music and movies made at home. Some of Avid’s most influential and pioneering solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools, Interplay®, ISIS®, VENUE, Oxygen 8, Sibelius®, System 5, and Pinnacle Studio™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit http://www.avid.com