(Boston, Massachusetts--November 29, 2011) Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, today announced that Boris Continuum Complete 8 AE (BCC 8 AE) is now available. BCC 8 AE delivers 200+ VFX filters to Macintosh and Windows versions of Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CS5.5, CS5, and CS4. New flicker reduction and videoscope tools, OpenGL hardware acceleration, 32-bit float support, deeper After Effects integration, and enhanced lens flares, particles, glows, and lights headline this new release.
BCC gives editors and compositors the most comprehensive VFX plug-in suite ever created. A whopping 200+ filters include 3D Objects such as Extruded Text, 3D particle effects, image restoration tools, lens flares and lights, keys and mattes, 3 Way Color Grading and other color correction tools, time-based effects such as Optical Stabilizer, warp and perspective effects, and blurs, glows, and cinematic effects. All filters take advantage of either multi-processing or OpenGL hardware acceleration for an interactive effects design experience.
Over 1,000 professionally-designed presets are included free with every installation of BCC. Customers can save and freely share their own presets and build customized preset collections tuned to the specific needs of a project – without the need for a costly subscription service. Both static and animated BCC presets are supported on the After Effects platform. Presets can be shared with matching BCC installations on any host application in which BCC is installed. In addition, via the Boris Transfer workflow utilities, BCC is the only plug-in collection that allows easy VFX migration between Adobe, Avid, and Apple video editing software – with parameters and keyframed information in-tact. Boris Transfer AE transfers Avid or Final Cut Pro sequences to After Effects while Boris Transfer FCP transfers sequences between Avid and Final Cut Pro.
Boris Continuum Complete 8 AE New Feature Highlights
- BCC Videoscope checks color levels at any stage of an After Effects composition, ensuring broadcast-legal colors of the final output or any individual element in the project.
- BCC Film Glow creates the soft feel of exposed film.
- BCC Flicker Fixer repairs video affected by flickering light or uneven shutter exposure.
- BCC Stage Light simulates production lights, projectors, or stage lighting. This powerful volumetric lighting tool adds striking realism to 3D composites.
- BCC Lens Flare 3D leverages GPU acceleration and AE’s camera and lighting system to create cinematic looks, stylish broadcast design elements, and beautiful transitions.
- BCC Particle Emitter 3D gives 3D broadcast designers the ultimate particle machine, providing an incredibly powerful, flexible, and OpenGL-accelerated particle system.
- BCC Organic Strands emulates flowing strands of matter, glowing plasma, or hundreds of other creative options to enhance broadcast graphics.
- BCC Wild Cards provides an easy-to-use particle-based filter for building complex designs of 2D images in 3D space.
- Enhanced After Effects Integration includes full integration with AE’s 3D camera and lighting system, support for vector masks directly from AE layers, and the ability to take advantage of audio directly from AE audio tracks.
- 32-Bit Float Support is included as part of BCC’s GPU implementation and it is equally supported with ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards – with no loss of performance.
Pricing and Availability
BCC 8 AE is available immediately through the Boris FX worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Boris FX web site at http://www.borisfx.com
for an MSRP of $995 USD. Owners of previous versions of BCC AE may upgrade for an MSRP of $295 USD. A free 14-day trial version is available from http://www.borisfx.com
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, video editing, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Avid, Grass Valley, Nexidia, Sony, and other leading developers of video editing software.
For more information, visit http://www.borisfx.com