(King of Prussia, Pennsylvania--December 10, 2011) Andersson Technologies LLC has shipped SynthEyes 2011.1, with this latest build adding yet more features to the ground-breaking product first introduced a year ago. Here are some of the highlights of the new release, compared to the original SynthEyes 2011.|
- Following a new lens calibration process, users film a short clip of a lens calibration grid. Tools in SynthEyes 2011.1 parse and track that grid, then analyze the information to produce a sophisticated lens preset that undistorts even fisheye lenses such as the popular GoPro HD.
- A placement tool simplifies coordinate system setup, positioning the solved scene automatically after examining the structure of the scene. Like the rest of SynthEyes, the artist remains in control and can guide this tool, or easily modify its results to their taste.
- Improvements for symmetric and spot supervised trackers make their use easier and more accurate.
- A small sub-application allows the 64-bit Windows version to transparently read Quicktime files and use 32-bit codecs (a similar capability is built into OS X).
- Enterprise users can use a remote-control interface to connect to their in-house workflow automation systems, including products such as Shotgun.
Tutorials on SynthEyes, including the new 2011.1 features, are on our SynthEyesHQ YouTube channel, with 30 tutorials posted at present.
Andersson Technologies LLC has added a new student volume licensing program, administered by the students' host institution, to complement its existing educational volume licensing program for school-owned computers.
The company also now operates a reseller affiliate program, to reward resellers who deliver an ongoing order stream.
* SynthEyes Background
SynthEyes, famous for its high performance, offers a complete high-end feature set, with tracking, stabilization, 3-D stereo tracking, texture extraction, mesh building, and motion capture. It handles camera tracking, object tracking, object tracking from reference meshes, camera+object tracking, multiple-shot tracking, tripod (nodal, 2.5-D) tracking, mixed tripod and translating shots, zooms, lens distortion, grid analysis, and light solving. It can handle shots of any resolution---DV, HD, film, IMAX---in 8-bit, 16-bit, or floating point data, and can solve shots with thousands of frames. A special feature simplifies and speeds tracking for green-screen shots. The image preprocessor can help remove grain, compression artifacts, off-centering, or varying lighting.
SynthEyes artists have complete control over the tracking process for challenging shots, including an efficient workflow for supervised trackers, tracking quality visualization tools, combined automated/supervised tracking, incremental solving, and a hard and soft path locking system. Users can set up a coordinate system with tracker constraints, camera constraints, a line-based single-frame alignment system, or manually. SynthEyes exports to about 25 common animation and compositing packages, standard.
Some recent projects with SynthEyes tracking include Hugo, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (stereo conversion), Terra Nova, We Bought a Zoo, Game of Thrones, Falling Skies, Cowboys and Aliens, Source Code, Water for Elephants.
* Price and Availability
The pro 64-bit version is only 599 USD; the entry-level but fully-featured 32-bit version is an amazing value at 399 USD. SynthEyes is available now for Windows and OS X. SynthEyes also runs on, and is in production use on, Linux systems using WINE. The company website has a free SynthEyes demonstration version at http://www.ssontech.com so that you can track, solve, and export your own shots.
For details on reseller and educational sales, see the Company tab of the website and contact sales.
* The Company
Andersson Technologies LLC is located near Valley Forge, Pennsylvania and headed by computer vision and robotics expert Dr. Russell Andersson. SynthEyes has been assisting visual effects artists since 2003, with customers in over 70 countries.
* For more information
Andersson Technologies LLC
sales [at] ssontech [dot] com
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SynthEyesHQ
SynthEyes 2011 Tutorials on http://www.youtube.com/user/SynthEyesHQ