(Boston, Massachusetts--April 3, 2012) Boris FX, the leading developer of integrated VFX and workflow technology for video and film, today announced that they will demonstrate their new Boris Continuum Complete Version 8 suite of VFX plug-ins at the NAB 2012 exhibition held in Las Vegas, Nevada from April 16-19, 2012 at Booth SL2914.
Boris Continuum Complete 8 delivers the most comprehensive VFX plug-in suite ever created for leading video editing and compositing applications on Macintosh and Windows. New flicker reduction and videoscope tools, 32-bit float support, and enhanced lens flares, particles, glows, and lights headline the Version 8 release.
A widely-adopted, industry-standard VFX plug-in suite with site-wide installations at Turner Studios, CNN, ESPN, MTV Networks, Digital Kitchen, BSkyB, the Danish Broadcasting Corporation, RTBF, Foxtel, and many other broadcast and post-production facilities throughout the world, Boris Continuum Complete includes a whopping 200+ filters across 16 categories:
- 3D Objects: Create and animate extruded text, extrude EPS logos, deform layers, and extrude spline shapes.
- Art Looks: Simulate pencil-sketched images, the wash look of a water color painting, a rotoscope toon-animation look, charcoal drawings, and more.
- Blur and Sharpen: Emulate a rack defocus effect, create in-camera motion blur effects, and much more.
- Color and Tone: Independently adjust the bright, mid, and dark regions of an image clip, make adjustments to a specific color in a scene, and much more.
- Film Style: Generate the warm organic look of film in seconds.
- Image Restoration: Upscale SD to HD, remove or repair bad pixels, smooth and soften skin imperfections, remove flicker and camera shake, and much more.
- Key and Blend: BCC provides an award-winning suite of chroma key tools complete with spill suppression, matte choker, and light wrap.
- Lights: Produce stunning volumetric lighting effects and real-world lens flares and reflections.
- Match Move: Powerful, specialized filters that enable editors to recover motion data from a clip and then use that data in creative and interesting ways.
- Particles: BCC particle effects give 3D broadcast designers the ultimate particle machine, providing incredibly powerful, flexible, and OpenGL-accelerated options.
- Perspective: Convert scanned images into video with stunning quality and create 3D DVE effects.
- Stylize: Popular stylized VFX include LED, Damaged TV, Tile Mosaic, Prism, and Scanline.
- Textures: Generate realistic textures such as Steel Plates, Bricks, Clouds, Granite, Wooden Planks, and Rock. The procedurally-generated textures render smoothly at any scale.
- Time: Smoothly retime clips and easily achieve a variety of temporal effects.
- Transitions: Choose from a variety of wipes and transition effects and presets and easily customize the effects using an on-screen, graph-curve user interface.
- Warp: Create animated morphs, bulges, ripples, and waves.
Over 1,000 professionally-designed presets are included free with every installation of Boris Continuum Complete. Users can save and freely share their own presets and build customized preset collections tuned to the specific needs of a project. Presets can be shared with matching BCC installations on any host application in which BCC is installed.
Via the Boris Transfer workflow utilities, Boris Continuum Complete is the only plug-in collection that allows easy VFX migration between Adobe, Avid, and Apple video editing software – with parameters and keyframed information intact. Boris Transfer AE allows you to transfer Avid or Apple Final Cut Pro sequences to Adobe After Effects while Boris Transfer FCP gives you the ability to transfer sequences between Avid and Final Cut Pro.
The Boris Continuum Complete product line consists of:
- BCC AE for Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro
- BCC AVX for Avid editing and finishing systems
- BCC for Sony Vegas Pro
- BCC FxPlug for Apple Final Cut Pro and Motion
About Boris FX
Founded in 1995, Boris FX is a leading developer of VFX, compositing, titling, and workflow tools for broadcast, post-production, and film professionals. Boris FX products have grown to serve over a million artists worldwide, with a customer base encompassing network and broadcast television clients such as BBC, CBS, Discovery, ESPN, and Turner, post-production facilities such as The Ant Farm, Digital Kitchen, and Troika Design Group, and educational and government institutions such as Columbia College, Video Symphony, the U.S. Army, and the U.S. Air Force. The company's success lies in its ability to tightly integrate and leverage technologies through strong partnerships with industry-leading developers of video editing software and hardware including Adobe, Apple, Avid, Autodesk, Corel, Grass Valley, Nexidia, and Sony.