(Las Vegas: NAB 2012--April 16, 2012) Proavio, a leading developer of high performance video storage solutions, today announced the release of IS316JS a groundbreaking 16 drive direct attached storage array that combines a dual port, high-speed 6Gb/s SAS interface, professional grade redundant & hot-swappable components with a 12Gb/s storage expansion bus allowing the addition of multiple IS316JS arrays (up to 144TB) with absolutely no degradation in performance.
An optional PCI-Express RAID controller provides real time, fail-safe RAID protection against drive failure during operation, ensuring your sessions always run smoothly and without interruption. Harness the power to create compelling high resolution 2K/4K media and VFX with sustained data rates of up to 1600MB/s in RAID 5, and over 1800MB/s in RAID-0. IS316JS unlocks your workstation’s true creative potential by giving studios the option to take on a wider range of projects, formats and possibilities. From HD to 4K, the IS316JS is the best storage solution for high resolution media formats such as DPX, RED R3D, ARRIRAW, Arri Alexa, uncompressed HD, DSLR RAW and more.
The IS316JS Features:
- High-performance, 6Gb/s SAS Rack Storage Array with Expansion
- 16-Disk Design Supports up to 48TB (Expandable up to 144TB)
- Industry-leading External PCI-e SAS RAID Controller Supports Mac OS, Windows and Linux Workstations
- Delivers up to 1600MB/s of Bandwidth (RAID-5) for High Resolution Editing, Grading & VFX Creation
- Cost-effective, Fail-safe Solution for Post Production Professionals
Availability: IS316JS ships July 2012
Proavio is a leading developer of award-winning storage systems and products for the broadcast, post and VFX creation markets. To learn more, visit Proavio at http://www.proavio.com