(Westbury, New York--April 16, 2012) Switronix is proud to release a new 3-stud plate for the RED EPIC and that will be compatible with the new 3-stud XP-L95RedA battery as well as other 3-stud battery packs. The GP-A-EPIC is the first 3–stud plate Switronix has released. The plate includes 2 p-taps, which allow users to power accessories such as lights, monitors, etc. and will be offered in either a 10" or 20" 1B Lemo cable length.
The XP-L95REDA is a 3-stud battery that is compatible with Epic and Scarlet cameras. With a capacity rating of 95wh, the battery contains the maximum amount of aggregate lithium content allowed without restrictions for air travel.
"A lot of Redusers want the 3-stud form, but don’t want to sacrifice being able to see the batteries percentage capacity level, so this is our answer," says Switronix product specialist Daniel Moore. "While we’ve had great feedback on our XP-L95RED v-mounts, we feel this plate/battery combo will fulfill a specific need by many REDusers."
While the GP-A-Epic will convey voltage to the RED Epic and Scarlet with all other batteries, when using the 95REDA, you’ll receive the battery percentage level.
SPECS FOR GP-A-EPIC10 AND GP-A-EPIC20
- Input: DC 11-17v
- Output for Camera: DC 11-17v, Unregulated
- Output for TWO P-Taps: DC 11-17v, Unregulated
- Size: 3.25" x 5.5" x 0.5"
- Weight: 0.4 lbs.
- 3-Stud Plate with 2X P-Tap output and 10" or 20" 1B 6-pin Lemo Connection for Red Epic and Scarlet
SPECS FOR XP-L95REDA
- Capacity: 95wh (14.8v, 6.6Ah)
- Size: 3.8" x 5.87" x 2"
- Weight: 1.8 lbs.
- 4 Stage LED Power Gauge. Communicates with Red One Camera for % Data
- Highest capacity Lithium Ion battery pack that can be legally transported without restrictions under IATA, ICAO, and UN regulations.