(Las Vegas: NAB 2012--April 16, 2012) 1 Beyond™ Inc, a leading manufacturer of digital video systems for production through to post, today announced that it will unveil the 1 Beyond Wrangler™ with ASSIMILATE SCRATCH Lab®, a new portable ruggedized multi-purpose system with full desktop power.
The combination of the 1 Beyond Wrangler with SCRATCH Lab from ASSIMILATE Inc is unrivaled – the only field-proven, portable on-location dailies turnkey solution available today. It delivers real-time playback and review of media up to 5K resolution, highly advanced metadata and LUT handling, sophisticated audio sync, and extremely fast background rendering, all in a ruggedized portable system that moves on-location with the action and sets up in seconds. And it delivers dailies faster and more efficiently than any other tool at any other price.
“I couldn’t have done Pirates Of The Caribbean
without the power and portability of the 1 Beyond Wrangler,” states Jeroen Hendricks, stereographer/DIT, on Disney’s Pirates Of The Caribbean 3D
. “The 1 Beyond Wrangler, equipped with two RED Rocket cards and ASSIMILATE SCRATCH, was able to quickly move with the action whether on-board ship, in the jungle, on the beach or on-set.”
The Wrangler with SCRATCH Lab not only creates fast, high-quality daily deliverables, it provides instant on-location portable power to:
- Review, QC and playback full resolution shots in realtime
- Automatically sync audio to timecode or clap, or slip visually to waveform
- Seamlessly create and manage Looks and LUTs
- Render simultaneous deliverables completely in the background - while you continue to work
The 1 Beyond Wrangler, with built-in camera original card readers for RED, ARRI Alexa, Sony, Panasonic, Canon and other cameras, combined with the exclusive 1 Beyond Wrangler Software, provides:
- Automatic ingest from multiple sources and destinations simultaneously
- Duplication and verify – one read and multiple writes
- Automatic asynchronous operation allowing a new hot-swap memory card as soon as one completes
- Options for 1 or 2 x LTO-5 tape drives - also built-in
The power of a full tower is completely self-contained and sets up in less than a minute. The 1 Beyond Wrangler has real desktop power backed by the latest generation Intel E5 CPUs, up to 32 processors, and the latest NVIDIA GPUs. This not only provides the fastest, most efficient workflow, it allows for functions never before possible in a portable on-location system or desktop.
This power is combined with ASSIMILATE SCRATCH Lab built on world-class primary color grading tools that allow artists, DPs and Directors to collaborate in real-time to set looks and create LUTs. SCRATCH Lab can also instantly apply 2D or 3D pre-created LUTs. All this can be viewed in 1 Beyond Wrangler’s built-in 1920x1200 screen or with any 2D or 3D, single or dual SDI, DVI or HDMI external monitor.
“Visitors to our and our partners’ booths will be able to see how we have managed to completely streamline the entire on-set dailies process,” explains Terry Cullen, 1 Beyond’s founder and CEO. “These same systems have been selected for their reliability and power on over 30 major film and documentary productions all over the world, including off-the-grid locations like remote India, Africa, Siberia and the South Pole.”
The 1 Beyond Wrangler with ASSIMILATE SCRATCH Lab systems are currently available in two hardware configurations:
- With 1 Beyond Wrangler - Priced at $8,995, add SCRATCH Lab or full SCRATCH for a Complete Turnkey solution including 24 2.0GHz E5 Processors (core + HT), 16GB memory, a 3TB High Performance disk array and Quadro FX 4500. Card Readers include SxS, REDMAG, P2, CF and SD. External ports include: 2 SATA 3.0 (6Gbps), 2 USB 3 (5Gbps), 8 USB 2 and 2 RJ45 Gigabit. Open Slots for RED ROCKET(s) and/or other High Performance I/O option cards: 2 (x16) PCI-E 3.0 and 2 (x8) PCI-E 3.0.
- With 1 Beyond Wrangler Pro - Priced at $14,995, add SCRATCH Lab or full SCRATCH for a complete turnkey solution including 24 2.6GHz E5 Processors (core + HT), 24GB memory, a 3TB High Performance disk array and Quadro FX 6000 SDI. Card Readers include SxS, REDMAG, P2, CF and SD. External ports include: 2 SATA 3.0 (6Gbps), 2 USB 3 (5Gbps), 8 USB 2 and 2 RJ45 Gigabit. Open Slots for RED ROCKET(s) and/or other High Performance I/O option cards: 2 (x16) PCI-E 3.0 and 2 (x8) PCI-E 3.0.
About 1 About 1 Beyond:
Founded in 1996, 1 Beyond, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of high performance video systems and storage systems for video professionals at a fraction of the cost of traditional high-end systems. This value leadership is due to constant technical innovation, and numerous industry firsts, now extended into 3D workflows. 1 Beyond delivers turnkey video end-to-end solutions that provide customers with the highest performance and quality digital workflow in all video formats including 2D-3D and HD through 5K. The company offers a wide range of systems including the new file based workflow products, award-winning laptops, desktops, mobiles and Storage Area Networks used in all workflow phases. All 1 Beyond systems are designed with true open architecture and built on world standards, ensuring the customer a continued upgrade path and hence, the longest period for ROI and non-obsolescence. For more information, visit http://www.1Beyond.com
or call 877-One-Beyond. ©2012 1 Beyond, Inc. All rights reserved. 1 Beyond, Wrangler, Dude, NetDrive, FlexVTR are trademarks of 1 Beyond, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. http://www.1beyond.com
ASSIMILATE is the premier provider of digital workflow and post-production tools, that have proven essential to the successful creation of thousands of studio and independent features, television shows, music videos and corporate video productions. The company’s SCRATCH products, running on Windows and Mac OS® X, are the heartbeat of today’s most demanding digital post-production and dailies workflows for 2D and stereo 3D productions. They equip Directors, DPs and Artists with the state-of-the-art, intuitive, data-centric solutions they need to meet the continual challenges of increased creativity and productivity amid ever-shrinking budgets. ASSIMILATE’s SCRATCH® data-centric DI system, is the most comprehensive, end-to-end cinema and broadcast imaging tool for playback, conform, editing, color grading, compositing and finishing of RED and other digital workflows. SCRATCH Lab™ delivers a comprehensive toolset for the review, versioning, color correction, conform and output of on-set or VFX dailies. ASSIMILATE, a privately held company, with headquarters in Santa Clara, California, USA, offices in London, UK, Groningen, NL and Beijing City, CN markets its products worldwide via a global reseller network. To learn more please visit http://www.assimilateinc.com