(Las Vegas: NAB 2012--April 16, 2012) Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that video equipment manufacturer RUSHWORKS has chosen a variety of Matrox DSX Developer Products as the heart of its A-LIST, VDESK II, and REMO II systems. A-LIST is a single or multichannel broadcast server with an integrated bulletin board display ideal for TV stations, PEG channels, and IPTV operations.
It provides 24/7 playlist automation via a drag-and-drop interface with sophisticated graphics and data management tools. VDESK II and the portable ruggedized version, REMO II, are television production systems with integrated PTZ camera control designed specifically for use by a single operator. They are perfect for city and state governments, colleges and universities, school districts, houses of worship, radio stations (for video streaming), and performance venues.
"Matrox has a rich history of providing stable, high-quality hardware along with an array of codecs that provide versatility and flexibility for all our target market segments. But the most important element for us is the extremely high level of knowledgeable support from both the technicians and the OEM representatives at Matrox," said Rush Beesley, president of RUSHWORKS. "There is a tangible feeling of partnership between RUSHWORKS and Matrox that eclipses all our other OEM relationships. The value this brings to our mutual association is immeasurable."
"Matrox and RUSHWORKS share the goal of supplying high-quality, yet affordable video equipment to broadcasters," said Alberto Cieri, senior director of sales and marketing at Matrox. "RUSHWORKS software expertise and reliable Matrox hardware combine to deliver innovative, easy-to-use media playback and production systems suited for virtually any market sector."
Matrox Developer Products will be demonstrated at the 2012 NAB Show in booth SL 5115. RUSHWORKS products will be shown in booth C9915.
Key features of Matrox DSX platforms
- Modular architecture gives developers the flexibility to meet technical and price targets
- Multichannel 3G, HD, and SD video/audio I/O support from a single card
- Matrox Control Engine (MCE) enables advanced failsafe functionality
- Extensive native codec support in HD and SD, including DV, D10 for IMX, HDV, DVCPRO HD, MPEG-2 4:2:2, MPEG-2 4:2:2:4 YUVA, MPEG HD for XDCAM HD, MPEG HD422 for XDCAM HD422, AVC-Intra for P2, H.264, Apple® ProRes, and Avid® DNxHD
- Cross-platform file format support — MXF, MOV, AVI, MPG, GXF, etc.
- Multilayer onboard HD scaler/compositor
- Professional realtime effects including subpixel 2D/3D DVE, color correction, chroma/luma keying, graphics overlay, smooth speed changes, etc.
- Application development support by a team of dedicated, experienced engineers
Founded in 2000, RUSHWORKS provides low-cost, high-performance TV automation and production systems for broadcast, PEG channels, and houses of worship. For more information visit http://www.rushworks.tv
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for accelerated H.264 encoding, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, DVD/Blu-ray authoring, streaming, A/V signal conversion, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit http://www.matrox.com/video