(Taipei, Taiwan--April 17, 2012) Netstor Technology is pleased to announce the world’s first desktop 16-bay RAID subsystem NS780S. With the ultra high-speed PCIe 2.0 ×8 interface providing 40Gbps data transfer rate, up to 48TB storage capacity of SAS/SATA HDDs, inside user-selective RAID controller card, and the stylish aluminum appearance, the NS780S is designed for the video editing field.
Innovative Design for Video Editing
One of the innovative designs of NS780S is that the user can select their own favorite RAID HBA to be incorporated into the 16-bay storage. Thus, the NS780S turns into a RAID subsystem featuring multiple RAID modes including RAID 5 and RAID 6 with highest data safety and protection. With the incorporated RAID HBA under RAID mode, the NS780S can achieve 1648 MB/s read and 1578 MB/s write speeds(1), totally meeting the modern video editing demands in high-definition in uncompressed HD (1920×1080), 2K (2048×1556), 4K (4096×2160), and 3D animation. The large capacity up to 48TB can even store 11 hours of uncompressed 10-bit 4K video.
Real-time Monitoring and Configuration
The NS780S features real-time environmental monitoring system. As errors such as fan failure or inside over-temperature (over 50℃) occur, the user will be notified of the event visually and audibly through the front LED and the built-in buzzer alarm. Also, through the user-selective RAID HBA incorporated in the NS780S, the user can configure RAID, achieve S.M.A.R.T. status of each drive, and can be notified of the events including hard drive failure, drive unplugged, and RAID deletion through the e-mails(2). Other status such as HDD access, drive failure, and data rebuilding can be achieved through the LED indicator in front of the enclosure.
Ultra Quiet Yet Keep Hard Drive Cooling
Netstor’s mechanical engineers have dedicated very much to the quietness of the NS780S storage system, and have promised the 16-bay storage to be ultra quiet(3) while still keeping the hard drives cooling. The design of the ventilation has assured the balance between quietness and system cooling while none of which would be given up. Therefore, designed for video editing, the NS780S is very suitable for working in noise-sensitive environments with four hot-swappable, fan-adjustable ultra-quiet front and rear cooling fans for best ventilation. With the incorporated RAID HBA inside NS780S, the world’s first 16-bay desktop RAID subsystem is compliant with all kinds of the operating systems including Mac OS, Windows, and Linux(4).
- Ultra fast PCI Express 2.0 ×8 40Gbps data transfer rate
- Stylish aluminum housing with robust enclosure structure
- Up to 48TB capacity with up to sixteen (16) SAS/SATA HDDs
- Four hot-swappable, fan-adjustable ultra-quiet front and rear cooling fans for self-contained ventilation
- Environmental monitoring with Power/FAN/TEMP/Global HDD LEDs and mutable buzzer alarm
- Ultra-quiet design for video editing and noise-sensitive environments
- The performance data is tested under the following conditions: Areca ARC-1882-ix-16 RAID card and sixteen SATA 6Gbps hard drives with RAID 5.
- The function of e-mail notification should depend on the RAID controller card.
- Sound level was measured 20 dBA at operator position. Acoustics may vary by configuration.
- Please note that the RAID HBA you choose is compliant with the operating system you request.
Netstor Technology focuses on the development of products on external SAS/SATA data storage and aims to provide users with reliable, cost-effective and high-performance SAS/SATA data backup solutions. Netstor develops complete storage product lines from desktop tower, 1U 4-bay to 4U 24-bay rackmount disk array enclosures. Netstor has worldwide distribution network covering IT, audio/video, telecom, DVR, CCTV, content creation as well as educational and scientific industries. For more information about Netstor, please visit http://www.netstor.com.tw