(Burlington, MA--May 7, 2012) Avid® today announced a significant update to its industry-leading video editing application for the iPad—Avid Studio (1.1). Available immediately at the Apple App Store, the latest version of Avid Studio for iPad delivers new features, including the ability to record voiceover to timeline, more transitions, expanded gestures for enhanced editing precision, among others, that can help any video enthusiast quickly and easily create and share exciting, highly professional multimedia experiences on the go.
“With powerful technology from Avid adapted specifically for the iPad, Avid Studio has quickly proven itself as a feature rich, yet easy to use, video editing app for the iPad,” said Andy Panizza, segment marketing manager at Avid. “We’re pleased to introduce new capabilities in Avid Studio for iPad that provide our users with even more interactive capabilities and creative tools to help them make incredible movies at home or on the go.”
- New features in Avid Studio for iPad 1.1 include:
- Record Voiceover to Timeline: Users can now easily record documentary-style narration directly to their videos or slideshows.
- 14 new transitions: New, high-quality dissolves, fades, and more—help users to spice-up their videos and make them flow.
- Expanded gestures: New, frame-by-frame and 10-by-10 frame finger swipe gestures provide users with the accuracy they need to edit precisely to their timeline. When working with source footage, users can now swipe left and right on the preview to advance a clip frame-by-frame, or use two fingers to advance 10 frames at a time. For precision pre-trimming, users can also swipe down to set an in-point, and swipe up to set an out-point.
- Multi-line titles: Offers more flexible title options and makes titles even easier to create and read
- Split Audio and Video Tracks: Allows users to separate audio and video from each other for independent editing of each.
- Precision Trimmer Redesign: Avid Studio for iPad is the only app to offer a unique combination of Storyboard and Timeline features, allowing users to arrange clips in the Storyboard, then edit like a pro with the power of the Timeline and Precision Trimmer. And now, the precision trimmer has been redesigned with enhanced functionality and is easier to use than ever.
- Enhanced Performance: In addition to new features announced today, Avid Studio also offers enhanced performance through the culmination of previous updates and today’s release.
Avid Studio for iPad allows users to begin editing with ease by offering access to any videos, photos and audio already in their iPad library, or media that can be imported from iTunes, cameras and more. They can then share movies directly to YouTube, Facebook and more—or export projects to Avid Studio software, where they can continue editing with even more advanced tools on their PC.
Version 1.1 of the Avid Studio app for the iPad is available now from the App Store for $4.99 USD. For more information, please visit http://www.avid.com/studioapp
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world – from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, television shows, live concert tours and news broadcasts, to music and movies made at home. Some of Avid’s most influential and pioneering solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Interplay®, ISIS®, VENUE, Sibelius®, System 5, and Avid Studio. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit http://www.avid.com, del.icio.us
, Flickr, Twitter and YouTube; connect with Avid on Facebook; or subscribe to Avid Industry Buzz.
© 2012 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice. All prices are USMSRP for the U.S. and Canada only and are subject to change without notice. Contact your local Avid office or reseller for prices outside the U.S. and Canada. Avid, the Avid logo, Interplay, ISIS, Media Composer, Pro Tools and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.