(San Diego, California--May 17, 2012) DVEO, the broadcast division of Computer Modules, Inc. (CMI), today announced the U.S. launch of the IPGuard™ failover and redundancy switch from Enensys Technologies SA. DVEO is the U.S. reseller of Enensys products.
Designed for broadcasters, webcasters, and content providers, the IPGuard is a seamless IP and MPEG-2 TS transport layer switching device that can convey MPEG-2 or MPEG-4/H.264 in SD or HD content. It delivers 1+1 redundancy with two parallel IP input sources and two mirrored IP outputs. When the system detects a failure on one input – such as no IP stream or MPEG-2 or H.264 transport stream failure – it automatically switches over to the other valid input to provide continual output.
The IPGuard offers a bypass mechanism via solid state relays that creates 100% service availability in case of power outage. It is designed to provide an automatic 1+1 redundancy of network equipment that delivers services over IP – such as encoders, multiplexers, gateways, ASI to IP adapters, etc. Additionally, the IPGuard can also be operated to re-synchronize and re-align the same MPEG-2 stream that is carried over redundant IP-based networks. The latter introducing different network propagation delay, the IPGuard is able to re-align both IP streams to provide a seamless change-over between redundant IP streams.
“Innovative products like the IPGuard help strengthen the worldwide IP video infrastructure,” commented Laszlo Zoltan, Sales Manager for DVEO. “We recommend this unique system to all of our customers who stream video and/or audio over IP, and need a reliable way to protect their IP transport streams. It’s especially useful for streaming programs over IPTV.”
The switching criteria are programmable and rely on IP criteria and ETR 101 290 oriented health indicators. The IPGuard offers remote management, an easy to use web-based GUI, and an optional redundant power supply. It is available now and is already deployed in Europe.
- Multi-standard applicable (DVB, ATSC, ISDB, DTMB)
- Video agnostic: MPEG-2 or MPEG-4/H.264
- Maintain service continuity with LAN Bypass mechanism
- Avoid TV black-out in SFN (and MFN in DVB-T2) (option)
- Seamless switch-over with delayed IP source (option)
- Transparent IP switch
- Support of two 2:1 TS/T2-MI over IP switch (option)
- High-grade broadcast product
- IP, ETR 290 and advanced switching conditions
- Several switching modes (Automatic, manual, etc...)
- Real-time monitoring of incoming streams
- Easy to use web-based GUI
- Full SNMP v2 support
- Unicast/Multicast (UDP/IP) streams support