(CANNES, France--May 18, 2012) Odyssey Pictures Corporation (OTCQB: OPIX) (Odyssey), a publicly traded media and entertainment company, announces a sales and distribution partnership with IndiePIX, a leading online film distribution service for the independent film community.
Odyssey at Cannes Film Market 2012
Booth: Riviera G11-H14
IndiePix brings film fans the best of independent cinema, making the broadest selection of indie films from around the world available to film fans through the use of web technology. Odyssey's Producer's Representative service will now have the exclusive foreign market sales rights for 25 hand picked titles from the IndiePIX library. The agreement also gives Odyssey the right of first refusal for North American rights. Odyssey will market and promote the new titles through traditional sales & distribution outlets as well as through digital distribution platforms.
Some of the IndiePIX titles that Odyssey will be taking on include:
- "Harrison Montgomery" – Martin Landau stars as an aging recluse in San Francisco with a secret that could save the lives of his down and out friends.
- "Entre Nos" - A fresh take on the issue of new immigrants to the U.S.
- "Everything Strange and New" – The story of the American Dream gone terribly wrong.
- "Icons Among Us" – A compelling documentary of the greatest jazz musicians of today.
- "All My Best Friends Are Funeral Singers" – The eerie story of a fortune teller living in a house crowded with ghosts.
- "21 Below" – A documentary portrait of a middle class family in Buffalo, NY and their fight to stay together.
"We are very pleased to be working with Odyssey Pictures on the distribution of our growing catalog of outstanding independent films," said Bob Alexander, a director and co-founder of IndiePix. "Odyssey has the kind of global selling resources that are key to the success of this effort, and the kind of interest and commitment to independent film that we respond to."
"We find ourselves very fortunate to be able to increase our product inventory with this many quality offerings," remarked Odyssey's CEO John Foster. "This deal with IndiePIX will expand Odyssey's catalog and strengthen our position as providers of compelling content to niche audiences."
About Odyssey Pictures Corporation
- Initially an entertainment company focusing on financing and distribution of first run feature films, Odyssey has adapted its business model to become a diversified media/marketing services company. The company's lines of business now encompass producer's representation, branding & marketing and IPTV digital delivery technologies. Odyssey's Producer's Representative Service provides an extensive suite of sales and marketing services to independent filmmakers seeking to gain traction in the international distribution and rights markets. These services include international sales, contract negotiation, marketing materials, strategic planning and completion financing. http://odysseypix.com/
- IndiePix is proud to be home to the broadest online selection of indie films from around the world, including the latest award-winning titles from the festival circuit, popular indie classics, foreign, documentaries and more. Buy a DVD online or get your film on demand by either streaming or downloading a high quality film, without the wait. Fiercely committed to the spirit of indie film, we provide our filmmakers the opportunity to distribute their projects while maintaining the rights to their work. We work closely with our filmmakers to individualize packaging and marketing plans, and offer the most generous revenue share in the industry. http://www.indiepixfilms.com/