(Lake Mary, Florida--June 19, 2012) Digital Juice®, the highly acclaimed developer of digital content and professional camera accessories today announced the release of its all-new Matte Box PRO for DSLR camera systems. A matte box is a device that attaches to the end of a camera lens to block the sun or any other light source in order to prevent glare, light spill or lens flares. A matte box can also be used to place and hold a variety of lens filters in front of the lens to further reduce glare, improve color saturation or add creative effects to your video footage.
Made from heavy-duty machined aluminum, the Digital Juice Matte Box PRO features adjustable, detachable top and side flags that can be easily angled, added, removed and locked into position. These flags give you complete control over how much light you allow into your lens, while controlling flares and light spill when needed. Four neoprene donuts designed to fit lenses of varying diameters help control light leaks from behind the camera and matte box, no matter what size lens you use.
Users will also find dual-purpose 360 degree rotating filter trays for dual stage filtering. “These dual filter trays accommodate both 4x4" and 4x5.65" professional filters,” says Viv Beason, President of Digital Juice. “They can be easily interchanged and rotated 360 degrees independently from one another - and from the matte box - for different creative looks.”
The Matte Box Pro is compatible with 15mm rail lightweight support systems as well as all sizes and styles of lenses. “The industry standard sizing means you can use your matte box on a wide variety of camera rigs and rail systems,” says Beason. A precision engineered swing-away mechanism allows users to access their camera lenses without removing the entire matte box. “This is a huge time savings for camera operators who regularly swap out a variety of lenses throughout their production day,” says Beason.
Whether you mount your camera rig to a tripod or use it as a shoulder rig, the DJ Matte Box PRO is an easy lightweight addition to your setup. It can help you control the light hitting your camera lens in a variety of settings and lighting setups.
Key Features & Benefits
- Adjustable, detachable aluminum top & side flags - Easily angled, added, removed and locked into position, these flags give you complete control over how much light you allow into your lens, while controlling flares and light spill when needed
- Precision engineered swing-away mechanism - Access to your lens without removing the entire matte box assembly from your rails for quicker lens changes
- 4 neoprene donuts to fit lenses of varying diameters (51mm, 64mm, 76mm, 102mm) - Control light leaks from behind the camera and matte box, no matter what size lens you use
- Compatible with 15mm rail lightweight support systems plus all sizes and styles of lenses - Industry standard sizing means you can use your matte box on a wide variety of camera rigs and rail systems
- Dual-purpose 360-degree rotating filter trays for dual stage filtering - Allow the use of both 4x4" and 4x5.65" professional filters that can be easily interchanged and rotated 360 degrees independently from one another and from the matte box for different looks
- Separate knobs for locking the filter tray into the matte box and for rotating it within the box's filter stages - You can easily rotate a filter tray without worrying that it will come loose from the matte box and fall out
- Metal filter trays with spring-loaded filter locks - Delivers solid support for your filters when in use and can be easily installed and removed when you need to swap filters
- Heavy-duty machined aluminum and high grade ABS construction - Quality non-wearing plastic and metal components mean you can count on using your matte box for years to come, even when you need to take it on location
Pricing & Availability
- Lens Fit and Mount - Universal with 4 neoprene donuts
- Camera Rig Support - 15mm rod
- Filter Type - 4x4", 4x5.65"
- 360° Rotating Filter Stages: 2
- Materials - Heavy duty machined aluminum, high-grade ABS
- Weight - Matte Box PRO with rubber donuts and flags: 4.4 lbs/2kg, 4 rubber donuts: .6 lbs/.27kg, 3 flags: .8 lbs/.36kg
The new Digital Juice Matte Box PRO can be purchased through Digital Juice's online store at http://www.digitaljuice.com
. The product’s retail price is $649.95 but can be purchased in special promotions for as much as 25% off. Check the website for details on specials.
About Digital Juice®
Digital Juice® is the world-leader in royalty-free broadcast animation content for video, motion graphics and multimedia professionals. Digital Juice® products are in use in nearly every major studio, broadcast, and cable station including NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, HBO, CNBC, Fox News, and countless high profile television shows such as American Idol and the Grammy Awards. The company provides royalty-free animations, music, stock footage, organic film effects, graphical fonts, layered Photoshop® illustrations, plug-ins and production gear to a wide variety of video, motion graphics, print and web enthusiasts. The company is known for its extremely high quality and innovative content as well as for its aggressive and affordable pricing.