(Madison, Wisconsin--August 3, 2012) Sony Creative Software, a leading global provider of professional editing and authoring applications, today released SpectraLayers™, the newest addition to its line of award-winning software for audio and video production. An intelligent audio editing program, SpectraLayers operates directly on waveform spectra using a wide variety of smart editing tools. Through this application, users can more accurately edit audio by graphically dividing files into discrete, user-defined layers that can be processed independently and reintegrated to achieve flawless master files.
"SpectraLayers introduces an innovative, unique workflow that redefines what can be accomplished in the professional audio editor's suite," said Dave Chaimson, vice president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software. "The level of editing precision and advanced capabilities SpectraLayers offers makes it an essential tool for industry professionals who demand the deepest audio analysis tools."
SpectraLayers Offers the Following Transformational Features:
Extreme Audio Editing
Extract audio into independent layers using intelligent, programmable tools:
- Divide audio files into discrete, user-defined layers that can be processed independently and reintegrated to achieve perfect master files
- Remove unwanted noises and artifacts with ease while leaving surrounding audio data completely intact
- Separate music and dialogue into individual component layers
- Perform pitch correction on user-selected components of an audio files
- Employ SpectraLayers in audio mastering, sound design, analysis, and forensics tasks
- All tools are modifiable using a wide range of user-definable sensitivities and tolerances
Operate directly on waveform spectra to perform precise, creative edits:
- Area-select any audio for transfer from directly within the spectrum graph
- Frequency-track frequencies and transfer them directly to selected layers
- Harmonics-seek and select harmonics in user-defined amounts and orders
Create sound directly in the SpectraLayers interface
- Creation Tools
Fidelity / Flexibility
Dual Platform Support
SpectraLayers is available for both Mac and Windows platforms
Price and Availability
SpectraLayers is now available for purchase worldwide, and online for immediate download at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $399 USD.
About Sony Creative Software
- 32-bit 96 kHz capable
- SpectraLayers provides seamless file transfer to Sound Forge Pro and other audio editing programs
Sony Creative Software inspires artistic expression with its award-winning line of products for digital video, audio, and music production, as well as industry-leading technology for DVD production and Blu-ray Disc™ authoring. Sound Forge™ Pro, ACID™ Pro, and Vegas™ Pro software have defined digital content creation for a generation of creative professionals. These signature product lines continue to advance media production by providing powerful, accessible tools. Today, there is a Sony Creative Software application for every level of expertise, including a full line of consumer software based on the company's professional applications. In addition, Sony Creative Software produces the extensive Sony® Sound Series collection of royalty free loops and samples, Sony Pictures Sound Effects Series exclusive sound effects, and Vision Series video creation assets. Further, the company provides the industry-leading tools for enterprise-level Blu-ray Disc™ authoring: Blu-code™ encoder, Dualstream 3D™ MVC encoder, Z Depth™ 3D subtitle editing application, and Blu-print® software. The company's customers span the globe and include professionals in the film, television, video game, and recording industries, as well as students, educators, and hobbyists. For more information about professional and consumer products, visit http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com
© 2012 Sony Creative Software Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. Sony, make.believe and the Sony and make.believe logos, ACID, Vegas, Sound Forge, Blu-code, Dualstream and Z Depth are trademarks of Sony. All other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.